Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sharing Scores from Thrown-Out Stage to Practiscore?

Blacksamwell

Scoring SNAFU for one of our match stages led to us throwing out a stage.  It was simple to delete the stage from the master device after syncing all of the scores and we posted the match results from the remaining 5 stages.  No problem there.

Now we'd like to be able to provide the scores, flawed as they are, from the problem stage just so our shooters can see their stats.  What's the best way to get that single stage posted to Practiscore where our shooters can access the data?

What I tried so far was copying the match to a second device, renaming it, deleting all but the bad stage, and uploading those scores.  That just replaced the match results from the 5 good stages with the one bad stage.  A re-upload from the original device fixed that.

Any suggestions?

Use a different date, i.e if the original match was dated February 23, use a different date (February 22 or 24) for the thrown out stage after you copied the match to a second, renaming it, deleting everything excluding the bad stage and upload it to practiscore again.

Using a different date will prevent the new upload from replacing the original match that was initially uploaded.

Edited by George16

Copying match on another device and even changing date - won't change the match and won't prevent new results uploads from overriding match.

You need to clone match on a tablet before doing these edits. Action is in the match entry menu on the match list screen on Android.

Edited by euxx

9 minutes ago, euxx said:

Copying match on another device and even changing date - won't change the match and won't prevent new results uploads from overriding match.

You need to clone match before doing these edits. Action is in the match entry menu on the match list screen on Android.

Thank you!  I suspected that I needed to start on the Practiscore web sight with a new match in some way but wasn't certain about the best way to go about it.  I was picturing having to re-enter all of the scores for 73 shooters manually.  That's why I came here for advice.  I figured someone smarter and more experienced than myself had solved this problem before.  I will give this a shot.

28 minutes ago, euxx said:

You need to clone match before doing these edits. Action is in the match entry menu on the match list screen on Android.

I tried, but this didn't work.  Cloning the match was not a problem.  Renamed it and changed the date.  Renamed and changed the date for the match on my device.  When I uploaded the scores for the one flawed stage it still replaced the scores from the original match.

I suspect that I will have to import the cloned match registration using the Match PIN# to my device.  The only problem with attempting that is the cloned match is not providing the option to view the PIN.

5 hours ago, euxx said:

On a side note, I keep forgetting to add support to PractiScore Competitor app for undeleting deleted stages or at least allow to see stage results for them...

that would be a cool feature, 

I would almost toss a stage just so I could tell people to go buy Competitor to see their score