Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 rear sight change? Zendle?

ck1

Trying to decide if I'm going to change out the stock S2 rear sight to the Zendle sight; I'm kinda thinking I might dig the square rear profile a little more than the triangular-ish profile on the S2's stocker... has anyone tried it..? Any other rear sights to consider that fit the S2?

(Already swapped out the stock front to a .090 Dawson right off the jump...)

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Demp223 said:

I did the fully adjustable one from CZCustom. I also opened up rear notch to .160 width so I  had better spacing with front .095 Dawson front. 
RT hand Left eye dominant so wider overall rear blade helps with ghost image of front. 

13125546-F5E4-447C-A584-6FB8D92783E8.jpeg

Cool. Was that pic taken before or after you widened the notch?

Thanks.

I used the Zendl on my Shadows and the S2 rear on my S2. 

When ordering the Zendl, make sure you order the one with the deeper notch if you want the same kind of notch as the S2. 

I like the profile of the S2 more. The square Zendl blocks too much of the target and for some reason the diagonal lines of the S2 sight make recognizing the sight picture easier/faster. 

The windage adjustability of the Zendl is a big plus though. Fixing windage with a punch or a pusher is a pain. 

I think I'm going to have to shoot mine some more before I decide if I want to swap out the rear sight. It could just be the case that I haven't given it a chance, since every other pistol I've shot has had a square rear blade and the S2's profile is just new to me...