Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-42 Fast n Furious question

Kokeman

I was the RO on this stage (L1 match). The shooter started on the left. He shot at and missed the popper but did not realize he missed. Preformed a reload and shot the right side. Then he went back to the left side to get the popper without another reload. I ruled it ok since he did the reload. Another RO there said he should have had to do another reload since he went back. Who was correct?

7 minutes ago, Kokeman said:

I was the RO on this stage (L1 match). The shooter started on the left. He shot at and missed the popper but did not realize he missed. Preformed a reload and shot the right side. Then he went back to the left side to get the popper without another reload. I ruled it ok since he did the reload. Another RO there said he should have had to do another reload since he went back. Who was correct?

yes.

He performed the reload, went to the other side, but did a make up, he did not have to do another reload to re engage the left side.

When in doubt, always read the WSB and if it's ambiguous (intentionally or unintentionally), the break goes to the shooter because the shooter can interpret it in any way that is consistent with the language used in the WSB.