Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazil's National Championship

Vericio_Brazil

Hi friends,

Next month we will have the Brazil's National Championship. It will be in Atibaia (a city near Sao Paulo) and we will shoot about 550 rounds. I think it will be the biggest match in Brazil since World Shoot in 1996 (it was in Brasilia - our national capital city).

I would like if you take a look in the stages and give me your opinion about them. I tried to put a file with the stages here but I wasnt able to do it. So, follow these instructions: go to www.fptp.org.br and look for this link "Clique aqui para baixar as pistas do campeonato (formato .doc zipado)". When you click here, you will download the file with the stages (in the doc format).

I am waiting your opinions.

Edited by Vericio_Brazil

Hi.

What a match!

It looks like great fun, and I especially like the all steel stages and stage 5, 11 and 16 looks real great!

One thing that strikes me is the lack of long shots, 30-40 yds, but I could be mislead by the stage lay outs on paper, it always looks different on the range anyhow.

It's a real challenge for us revolver shooter's on some of the stages too, but most shooting positions are six rounds, I kind of like that :D:D

I also see that you shoot on the classic target as we do in Europe, it adds to the challenge as well.

Have real fun at the match!!

Allison,

Welcome to the forums, your english is fine. :)

I don't know much and am not very good yet, but the stages look fun.

If I was not broke from shooting all the matches in the US, This looks like one to go to.

I really like stage 16 and 17.

I saw a cooper tunnel, very good.

This LOOKS like a Nationals quality match!!!!! :)

Good luck.

HOPALONG

hopalong,

It would be a plesure to meet you at the National. Next year there will be the Panamerican Championship in Brazil (we dont know the date yet). Why dont you safe some money to be here? Our friends from USA are always welcome here.

Keith,

You are also invited to shoot at Panamerican Championship next year. About hopalong's performanceI know a lot of shooters that say it ("I am not a good shooter") and, in a opposite way, they are great winners. São Paulo is the biggest city in Latin America. For sure, we have a lot of fun there. You must know this place (and other cities in Brazil) some day.

Thank you! We are waiting for you!

• 3 weeks later...

So,

Last weekend we shot at our National's 2005. As I said (and you can check in the stages posted here) it was a great match. The staff did a great work and everything (almost everything of course) worked well. The stages (22) were very interesting and I can say (and others shooters agree with me) it was the best National we have ever had.

There were 285 shooters among the IPSC Divisions. In the Revolver there were 22 shooters. The last World Shoot's brazilian team was there (except one - Wagner Almeida - who suffered a surgery on his hand. Maybe he cant shoot revolver anymore). My great friend Moacir Azevedo (7th place at WS XIV) won the match. Fernando Becker (10th place) was the 2nd and I was the 3rd (I had some problems with the poppers :angry: ). Last World Shoot I was the 8th and I should be better in this match. I am not happy with my performance but I think it happens, right? Another results can be checked on National's Result

I will try to get good photos to post here.

As I posted in another topic, we will have the Panamerican Champioship in Brazil next year. It wont be in the same range but I assure you it will be great. I want to invite you (again) to shoot here next year.

That's all for now.

Bye,

Good shooting Allison.

Looks like you won 5 of the stages. Give my congratulations to Moacir and Fernando. I looked like a very fun match. Thanks for the pictures, it is good to see how other clubs set things up so we can get some fresh ideas.

Keep us posted on the Pan-Am shoot.

Cliff

Stage 11

We had some targets about 40 meters from the start line. There were 14 poppers too.

Hi Allison.

Congrat's to a great match!

I take my earlier comment on "lack of long shots" back :blink: you had some as shown in the picture.

I really liked the Results page! A great job done to make the work of Stats Officers viewable on the net!

Hi Allison.

Congrat's to a great match!

I take my earlier comment on "lack of long shots" back  :blink:  you had some as shown in the picture.

I really liked the Results page! A great job done to make the work of Stats Officers viewable on the net!

Hi RogerT,

In this match the lay-out on the paper was very close to the "real" stage. The guys from that club (where the National was done) are great. The "long shots" were difficult but I liked the match anyway.

About the web site, it is a forum in portuguese about IPSC. Every match has its results posted on it and, if you want, you even can change your division (to make some comparison, for example). They will like to know your opinion about it.

Thank you!

I shoot this match in Standard Division, as a Stats Officer of this match i have to shoot all 22 stages in 2 days, the competitors shhot 9 stages in day 1, more 9 in day 2 and the last 4 in day 3.

I´m very happy with my performance, only 6 M´s and 16 D´s in 550 rounds, and i finish in 8 on Overall and 1st in Calss A with 86,92%.

This was a very good match, and if i shoot this match as a competidor, i think my performance will be better, maybe i finish in top 5.

I hope i can finish the next PAN in top 30 :D

Bye

Edited by BrazilianShooter

Congratulations Allison!!!!

You did good, you improved from last year and will do so again next year. ;)

I might just skip shooting all the US matches except for maybe one or two big ones and go to the Pan AM championships......Maybe can get some other US shooters to go too........We will see.

HOPALONG