Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

North Texas Sectional

WOW! that link to steak place is WAY WAY out of date several of the restrants don't exist anymore. and I would NEVER get a steak at a pioneer rest.

I eat out almost every day been to almost all the resrurant several times,  so I would stick to the restrauants on our web page.

Branding Iron on scott and hwy 82 (kell blvd.) has kick butt BBQ but is one of those hole in the wall places.

Oh well... I took a shot. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THe dairy queen is under NEW management (imagine that) since you got that deliteful meal there last year. I've ate there a couple of times (real looked my food over every time) while working to the range, no moldy bread yet. I still can't belive they just put ketsup on it and gave it back to you, like you would not notice al that green. That was the worst fast food pic I have EVER seen.

On a postive Note: The Match is coming along real good and have had several comments on the "GREAT" stage design and the Large Prize table. We are adding more dirt to our berms this week and going to try to get some gravel on our road into the range also.

If you did not get your app. post marked Saturday(oct 1) it is now 100 entry fee.... but still worth it. Mike Clark is taking care of all the sign up and prize table and sponsorship it looks like we will have several big vendors attending this match also .

We at the Double Tap Ranch are hosting the match and making sure the stages and match run smoothly. We are having dedicated RO's for each stage and Carbonless score sheets this year so everyone can have a copy and each stage gets run the same for all squads.

Edited by scorch

Talked to Mike Clark the North Texas Section SC yesterday and we have already 72+ folks signed up for this one day match. If you are intrested, the stages are posted on our web sight at www.doubletapranch.com along with an application we are only taking about 100 or so folks and the match is filling fast.

it should count as a classifier, since stage 7 "paper poppers" is a classifier :) I not sure about powder vendors but I hear that Dawson is coming up and Brazos is setting up also. not sure who else will be there since the SC is taking care of all that and the prizes and such.

Edited by scorch

THERE IS A SQUADDING SCHEDULE UP ON OUR WEB SITE AS OF 10-12-05 FOR THE NORTH TEXAS SECTION CHAMP.

it is under the NTSC Stages button at the top of the second page and then at the top of the third page. right now it stands at 70+ people for the match we expect to seel this out so if you are thinking about coming send in your entry today

OK, I'm gonna try one more time... :)

This steak house is listed on the DTR site, and Robert vouches for that list:

Fat McBrides Steaks

4537 Maplewood

Wichita Falls, Texas

940-692-0250

This steak house is the one that BigLucky said was the best one they ate at last year:

McBride's Land and Cattle

501 Scott

Wichita Falls, Texas

940-322-2516

I'm guessing EITHER place has pretty good food... Y'all pick!

Edited by cautery

DONE! McBride's Land and Cattle on Scott St.

Thanks Carina, I knew I could count on you.

What time?

If we settle on a time and everyone who wants to join the "party" says so here, I'll call ahead and hopefully have a table waiting on us (or at least reduce the wait time considerably).

So... so far it's two folks...

BigLucky! You in?

R Kelly?

Brazos Custom? Come eat with us Bob. :)

supercomp9?

Azone41?

GeneralChang? You and Kurt need to sneak away a little early and make it to dinner!

scorch?

sfinney? I know you and Robert are FROM thereabouts, butit'd be cool to have you both there!

sgtglock? Bring the whole crew! ;)

How about the rest of you lurkers out there? Post up if you want a seat at the table!

Damn this sounds almost to good to be true.,....

Mesquite Grilled Shrimp w/ Filet Migon.. that is my usual...

Now are we talking about Sat 29th after the match ?????

Jerry K aka SuperComp9

Carinab -- you should be recieving mail

on monday maybe tues... depends on how long it takes

to drive the two hours there and go through the system

and to your mail box....

Edited by supercomp9

McBrides Is A Good Steak Place. They cut there own Steaks from there own Cattle is what I have heard. Will try to make it down there at 7:30 Friday night. But Start with out me, Don't know how crazy it will be doing all the last minute things for the Match.

BTW: No Dry cleaner bags at this match (or any of our matches) if sprinkles. We built rain caps for all the targets (105) on all stages and have sprayed two boxes (200) with clear acrylic so no wilted targets and no Freakin bags. will post pics later :lol:

pray to the rain god for nice weather, but we are prepared. "THE RANCH" got 4 inches of rain last week and I went ot there the next day and only had three or four small puddles on the whole range. so the range Drains GREAT! (learned after area 4 last year)

Thanks for organizing this match Robert. I know that it will be challenging and alot of run and gun with you in charge. I look forward to seeing alot of the shooters that I am getting to know better at the range.

I say go with BigLucky's recommendation...McBride's on Scott St.

Now that Carina has met me she knows by looking at me that I know what a good meal is............ :D:D

I think General Chang and I are going to try to get there for dinner after all.

I got a reservation for 10 on Friday night at 7:30pm at McBride's on Scott St. The 10 includes a couple of the "may show" crowd and the folks from Tulsa. If anyone else wants to meet, greet, and eat, let me know by Thursday pm and I'll update the reservation.