Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ulitimate Fighter 2

Rikarin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 3 started tonight and they got rid of those stupid challenges. :) A coin flip decided which team will pick the fighters for the first fight, Team Shamrock won the flip. The victor of the first fight also went to Team Shamrock. Now the team that wins will control who'll pick the next fight.

Woohoo! Let's see if the coaches get into it...

The previews showed a shoving match between the 2 of them. I cant wait to see this season.....

I think I need to get me some tickets and go see one live.

WANTED

UFC/Ulit Champ watching mate

Gosh! Anyone in Phoenix area who has TV and watch UFC/UC3??? Can I come watch with you? I bring food/beer!

I decided not to get cable. I am hurting. I dislocated 2 disks doing moving and sorta house-bound now. UFC next week is sooooo looking forwarded by me!

WANTED

Gosh! Anyone in Phoenix area who has TV and watch UFC/UC3??? Can I come watch with you? I bring food/beer!

I decided not to get cable. I am hurting. I dislocated 2 disks doing moving and sorta house-bound now. UFC next week is sooooo looking forwarded by me!

That's enough to make a guy want to move to Arizona!

UFC 59! I want to see Forrest win, but I don't know if he can pull it off.

Well... its in couple of days. I guess I have to go to the Buffallo Wings again. It's more inntimidating than showing up to Dojo first time! All the amped up guys (customers) and cheerleader girls (waitress) . Me feel so small.

I better just join local BJJ club just for the sake of TV watching. Back ijury, knee injury and shoulder injury and I am no way in shape to roll. Sob sob....

Yay! Forrest! I can't pass!!

WANTED

That's enough to make a guy want to move to Arizona!

UFC 59! I want to see Forrest win, but I don't know if he can pull it off.

It would be great if Forrest would win. Can't stand Tito! :angry:

UFC 59 spoiler:

RESULTS:

- Thiago Alves defeated Derrek Noble by TKO at 2:54 of Rd.1

- Jason Lambert defeats Terry Martin by TKO at 2:37 of Rd.2

- David Terrell defeats Scott Smith by RNC at 3:08 of Rd.1

- Karo Parisyan defeats Nick Thompson by tap out to strikes at 4:44 Rd.1

- Jeff Monson defeats Pay De Pano Cruz by split decision

- Evan Tanner defeats Justin Levens by triangle choke at 3:14 Rd.1

- Tito Ortiz defeated Forrest Griffin by split decision

- Sean Sherk defeated Nick Diaz by unanimous decision

- Tim Sylvia defeated Andrei Arlovski by TKO at 2:43 Rd.1

Didn't see the fight, but some on the Sherdog Forum thought that Griffin was robbed.

UFC 59 spoiler:

RESULTS:

- Thiago Alves defeated Derrek Noble by TKO at 2:54 of Rd.1

- Jason Lambert defeats Terry Martin by TKO at 2:37 of Rd.2

- David Terrell defeats Scott Smith by RNC at 3:08 of Rd.1

- Karo Parisyan defeats Nick Thompson by tap out to strikes at 4:44 Rd.1

- Jeff Monson defeats Pay De Pano Cruz by split decision

- Evan Tanner defeats Justin Levens by triangle choke at 3:14 Rd.1

- Tito Ortiz defeated Forrest Griffin by split decision

- Sean Sherk defeated Nick Diaz by unanimous decision

- Tim Sylvia defeated Andrei Arlovski by TKO at 2:43 Rd.1

Didn't see the fight, but some on the Sherdog Forum thought that Griffin was robbed.

I saw it. Forrest probably should have won based on rounds 2 and 3, but he got so dominated in round 1 that it looked like it was about to get a "not intelligently defending himself" referee stoppage. I think that the deal breaking judge for the split decision probably scored that round 10-8 for Tito. It was still a helluva fight. Tito looked gassed after the 1st round. Could not get another takedown until the end of the 3rd and even then Forrest out worked him from the bottom.

I really wanted to see Diaz get pounded. I don't like the punk, but it was all Sherk could do to squeak out a decision.

I think the result of the Tito/Griffen fight was a win/win situation for everyone. Forrest proved he could hang with the big boys and legitimized the TUF contenders as solid up and coming fighters. Plus he provided an exciting fight, even when Tito had him down he was slipping a lot of the elbows to the sides and in the 3rd Round he was hitting Tito from the bottom. With the fight as close as it was, the loss doesn't hurt him. Tito proved he was on the comeback trail. He fought a good fight against a solid opponent and managed the win. He also showed that though the is still a trash talking bad boy, he gave Forrest plenty of respect after the fight. Respect Forrest earned from him. Dana White got Forrest legitimized and with no loss of popularity and Tito positioned for the Shamrock rematch.

Congrats to Tim Sylvia on a startling upset.

Forrest proved he could hang with the big boys and legitimized the TUF contenders as solid up and coming fighters.

I think Forrest only legitimized himself, I dont think the other TUF contenders are as solid. Just my $.02