Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training In Downtime At Work

TonyMartin

I work for a company that does not allow firearms on the premises. However, I have quite a bit of downtime while I am at work. Are there any training techniques you guys use that don't require a firearm? Maybe something to increase focus, eye speed, or something of that sort?

1 minute ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I seem to remember a similar question about a year ago - you might check the Search engine.    :) 

I did. Couldn't find what I was looking for. Happen to remember what the thread was titled by chance?

Sorry, I don't.   You'll probably get some answers once the sun has arisen   :) 

Are you allowed to have a holster ?   Would they object to using something to

simulate a gun ?  Could you get management to allow a group of interested

shooters to have a certain time and location to play with airsoft guns ?

You should be able to do fitness / strength training, which certainly helps

in shooting sports.

Visualization  exercises are used to great affect in all professional sports. You could try sitting at your desk with your eyes closed and running through your entire dry fire  routine or stages from your last match in absolute perfection.   

On 11/8/2019 at 5:44 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Sorry, I don't.   You'll probably get some answers once the sun has arisen   :) 

Are you allowed to have a holster ?   Would they object to using something to

simulate a gun ?  Could you get management to allow a group of interested

shooters to have a certain time and location to play with airsoft guns ?

You should be able to do fitness / strength training, which certainly helps

in shooting sports.

No holsters, sim guns, etc etc. There's no gym or any space where I can be doing strength training. Again, looking for focus, eye speed sort of exercises that I can do while at work.

After deeper investigation on what other sports use, I did find some options though.

12 hours ago, hrhawk said:

Visualization  exercises are used to great affect in all professional sports. You could try sitting at your desk with your eyes closed and running through your entire dry fire  routine or stages from your last match in absolute perfection.   

I've used visualization exercises since I first read With Winning In Mind. Great (free) tool to use!