Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a 21 round 40sw 140mm mag

nikdanja

10 minutes ago, zzt said:

I shoot Open.  The 4G base pads definitely do not fit in the 141.25mm gauge without modification.  I believe the website says so.

They don't IME, but the guy is shooting Limited, using a 4mm base pad is a good way to go to Open.

13 hours ago, bret said:

They don't IME, but the guy is shooting Limited, using a 4mm base pad is a good way to go to Open.

Not if you modify the pad.  Evidently you no longer have to modify the base.  From the website:  

*4mm (4 the Gauge) is recommended for anyone doing mag tuning who has a USPSA mag gauge.

- The 4mm is angled in the back and will fit the gauge while allowing one extra round over the 3mm. It’s the base pad that all the mag tuners have been waiting for to get that extra edge!

That being said, the +1 follower will do the same thing with the 3G2 pad.

My 4G pads are the old style and will not fit the gauge without modification.

On 10/30/2019 at 4:24 PM, nikdanja said:

awesome! Thanks. Do you know of anyone else?

No.  I'll also say it is hit or miss at the limit.  For example, with my bone stock MBX 40 mags I get 20 reloadable from all.  One of them will hold 21, but I don't consider it reloadable.  I don't like to slam mags home.  The TTI 11 coil spring, +1 follower and the 3G2 pad should get you to 21 +1.  If you go with the 4G2, make sure you are getting the already modified one that fits the gauge.  I ordered mine online (not from TTI).  They were listed as 4G2, but they were not when I received them.  Everything else equal, the $mm allows one more round over the 3mm.