Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX & Federal PCC Syntech ammo

I have a new MPX 16” Gen 2 PCC. Took it to the range to dial, in the optic.

Wow, it is super accurate. Took only a few of 5-shot groups to get it set.

The LRBHO didn’t happen with the Syntech. It did with my CO loads. Is this normal for the Syntech, or do I need to run my MPX wetter than it is?

It was really fun shooting it!

Tom

I’ve got about 2k of the Syntech 130gr through my “Gen3”, nerf-gun-soft and accurate without a single issue and I’ve never once cleaned the gun...

That said, I run it very wet and lube the bolt a bit before every session/match.

Which Syntech, 130gr PCC-specific stuff or  “Action Pistol” 150gr..?

I ask because I run the 150gr Syntech in my pistol, but have never tried the 150gr in the MPX, so the heavier bullet variety might act differently 🤔

It was the 130 gr PCC stuff that didn’t lock the bolt back. I had no cycling issues at all. First round or two didn’t load right, but that was before it had ever been fired.
For our game, the LRBHO isn’t really an issue. I saw it as possibly symptomatic of not enough lubrication.

3 minutes ago, tkheard said:

It was the 130 gr PCC stuff that didn’t lock the bolt back. I had no cycling issues at all. First round or two didn’t load right, but that was before it had ever been fired.
For our game, the LRBHO isn’t really an issue. I saw it as possibly symptomatic of not enough lubrication.

Yeah, I’d just try running the bolt wet and bet it’ll run and lock back fine... I know there’s not much use for LRBHO in USPSA, but it’s nice to have everything working correctly.

FWIW/IMHO while the MPX is it’s own animal, for me, since there’s more moving parts than a blowback gun, I tend to think it makes more sense to treat it like a gas .556 AR, and for me that means running it wet. YMMV