Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 773 Mag Pouch

Beethoven

So im in the market for some new pouches. I was just wondering what you all think of the 773 pouches for Glocks? Would this pouch work for a S_I if i plan to upgrade later? Are there any other pouches that you would reccomend over the 773's? I would get the from Brian. Oh and how wide is the CR Speed belt?

Thanks,

Jordan

Are there any other pouches that you would reccomend over the 773's?

YES. Get the 771's. I have 2 of each. The 771's are in the first 2 positions where most of the reloads will come from. I ended up using a dremel to open up the front of the 773's so you can get the index finger on the mag when your reloading. (Like the 771's will do out of the package) Can't say if they interchange with Glock stuff if you buy them specific for S*I.

the 773's look smaller but are actually bulkier than the 771's, imho.

Agreed. The 771's are a little more streamlined. I bought the 773's before I knew what to look for and I was sorry that I had them once I got a good look at the 771's. Someday, I'm going to buy the thumb turn control knobs that replace the screws.

Someday, I'm going to buy the thumb turn control knobs that replace the screws.

You can make your own quite easily................ Lowe's or Home Depot, buy an 8-32 x 2" brass pan head screw and an 8-32 brass knurled nut. Both are found in the hardware drawers............... Screw the screw (!) into the knurled nut so that the pan head of the screw winds up on the largest end of the knurled nut. Tighten very tight, cut screw to length. Very cheap, very spiffy looking, and guaranteed to make reloads go much faster...........

Also, to replace the Safariland rollers, Lowe's/Home Depot also sells some nylon spacers. You want the 1/2 x .194 x 1 size, cut to length and counterbore one end so that it fits over the captured insert nut on the back of the pouch.

I am working on a retaining method for the screw so it won't fall out of the pouch, should have that done by the weekend. Have tried jam nuts, roll pins, o-ring, but the e-ring may be the way to go. Will let you know.

I also have one STI/Tripp and one Glock 771 on my belt. One OLD pouch, whatever was pre-771, but it's in the 3rd position and if I need that one, I'm done already........... They fit Para and STI. When I was shooting my Para Limited and STI Open, I just adjusted the nose piece on the 011 and went to shootin'...........

Rich