Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need a stiff or extra power safety plunger spring! Help!

nikdanja

I need a stiff or incredibly strong safety plunger spring. 

My hand and keeps bumping the safety up just enough to lock the gun up. It’s been 3+ years since I changed the spring so I’m pretty sure it’s shot. 

Been searching around and haven’t seen one. 

Edited by nikdanja

I need a stiff or incredibly strong safety plunger spring. 

My hand and keeps bumping the safety up just enough to lock the gun up. It’s been 3+ years since I changed the spring so I’m pretty sure it’s shot. 

Been searching around and haven’t seen one. 
Wolff makes a pretty sturdy one but the key for me, same problem, was taking a dremel with smallest ball cutter and cutting the detent slightly deeper into the safety. I've done it on both my guns now and get a more "positive" lockup. I really have to engage the safety with effort to drop it or flip it up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just now, Rnlinebacker said:

Wolff makes a pretty sturdy one but the key for me, same problem, was taking a dremel with smallest ball cutter and cutting the detent slightly deeper into the safety. I've done it on both my guns now and get a more "positive" lockup. I really have to engage the safety with effort to drop it or flip it up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! I’ll definitely do that!

Wilson also suggested a #42 drill bit and drill press: just touch it to the safety to slightly enlarge the detent.

You might also want to reshape either or both paddles so there's less material to push up against with the top of your first knuckle.   Dremel works here, too.  Make the paddle less wide (horizontally) and also less thick (vertically).