Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hunter drill and tap.

Joe4d

Looking at the 45 hunter as a pin gun. It's drilled and tapped but I recall old threads saying it didnt fit anything. I have a Cmore serinpidity ? is that right the sight and munt made into one. Does it fit this sight ? Or what mounts are out that do work ?

6 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Looking at the 45 hunter as a pin gun. It's drilled and tapped but I recall old threads saying it didnt fit anything. I have a Cmore serinpidity ? is that right the sight and munt made into one. Does it fit this sight ? Or what mounts are out that do work ?

there are many versions of the serendipity based on how wide the frame is, they make a version that is the correct width for the Tanfoglios but the pattern does not match the pre drilled Tanfoglio frames. to put a red dot on that gun you have a few options

For me the best would be to get a mount for a Cmore slide ride that is  made for the Tanfoglio then modify the serendipity sight into a slide ride (Brazos as a good write up on how to do that, its not very hard) 

If your serendipity is the Tanfoglio version then you could have the frame drilled and tapped to match the standard C-more pattern, the frames are very hard and this is not a hand drill operation so the cost for a smith to do it would likely be more than a mount, also I'm not a fan of modifying the expensive frame to fit the cheep sight.

Beyond that you could do a slide mounted mini dot with a mounting plate in the rear sight dovetail 

well if sight I have doesnt fit, would start from scratch and use something cheap that fits existing holes. My Serenpidity is made for a Caspian wide body frame... Think that is what I remembered. The width is ok, but the pattern isnt.
Maybe... on the slide ride, but from what I heard, slide ride blows compared to frame mount. Id probably rather do a frame mount and buy a new dot or tube. Keep in mind this is stationary pin gun, not USPSA

well if sight I have doesnt fit, would start from scratch and use something cheap that fits existing holes. My Serenpidity is made for a Caspian wide body frame... Think that is what I remembered. The width is ok, but the pattern isnt.
Maybe... on the slide ride, but from what I heard, slide ride blows compared to frame mount. Id probably rather do a frame mount and buy a new dot or tube. Keep in mind this is stationary pin gun, not USPSA
Just to be clear when I say slide ride in reference to a cmore I'm just meaning a cmore that needs a mount. Cutting the "legs" off a serendipity is easy and that and drilling one hole let's you use the dot you have on a mount

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ah ok, misunderstood, forgot about the "slideride model of Cmore,,, vs the current use of the term slide ride optic as in carry optics. Thanks

Edited by Joe4d