Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Open gun (optic mounts?)

thormx538

4 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Yes

0EEAE921-D3FD-4D66-9A22-884A8F7BAAA0.jpe

D398ADEE-D3E6-44F5-A902-E78EE9986C2B.jpe

I used the Icarus Precision grip module, but the AXG will work just as well. The Atlas Gunworks optic mount fits without modification, you just have to drill and tap the holes. I know of two other shooters who have built Open P320s using the Atlas mount and aluminum grip modules and they’ve had no issues either

I love it. That’s awesome. I saw the incarus grip a while back but was thrown off by the yellow. Kind of wrote it off from there. I didn’t realize they were aluminum until last night. Guess reading is key. 

13 hours ago, Degnan said:

@Rudukai13, very nice!  I have an AXG module with Lok grips lying around...

How is the shooting experience with major rounds out of a compact P320 slide?  Have you done a side by side with other open guns?

Never really shot true 9mm Major loads through this gun, it eats mainly off the shelf 124gr NATO or +P loads. It’s capable of shooting Major, I just don’t hand load so haven’t had any to try. It’s incredibly soft and flat though, very little reciprocating mass, big comp, big flashlight hanging under the barrel, and minor PF makes it very easy to shoot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMLI7MnAsYt/