Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
thormx538

P320 Open gun (optic mounts?)

Posted (edited)

The TXG grip module has me thinking about a 320 Open gun project again, for fun. Plenty of options for comps and barrels, but does anyone know of a fixed mounting system for the optic? I'd imagine you could drill/tap the FCU for rigidity (there's a lot of real estate on the left side, and a little bit on the right), but the question is whether or not something exists already for this or if I'd have to prototype/modify an existing one (such as modifying a Carver XDM mount, or an SJC/ALG Glock mount)

I've seen a "Neumount" rail mounted one made in the past but they seem to be out of business now

Edited by thormx538

Figured there had to be some downside to that with 9mm Major, either in terms of tuning (reciprocating mass, ejection, etc) or lifespan of the optic. Slide mount would also preclude a C-More from being used

Hello: If you want to use a standard C-More slide ride then I would look at a two sided mount that is screwed to the frame with a metal support plate on the inside of the grip to sandwich the frame. That would give you a nice secure base. Thanks, Eric