Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New ICORE load

revoman

38 Short Colt, Bayou 160 grain, sized .358, VV N320 3.0 grains, seated 1.180

10 yds. off bench

S&W 627 V-Comp, iron sights

eight rounds 

Who says bullet jump in cylinder affects accuracy 🤣 I might have jerked the trigger on the high one and low one. 😀

IMG_2111.JPG

I have found "bullet jump" to be mostly irrelevant due to the throats in the cylinder lining up the bullet before it gets to the barrel. Targets such as above, even at much longer distances would seem to support this theory.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, Toolguy said:

I have found "bullet jump" to be mostly irrelevant due to the throats in the cylinder lining up the bullet before it gets to the barrel. Targets such as above, even at much longer distances would seem to support this theory.

Do you find that longer nosed, longer bearing surface, heavy  bullets are more accurate than blunter, lighter bullets?   Though I've never benched, I get the best groups with SC cases with heavier, long bullets.   right know I'm shooting Brazos Precision coated 158 rn  .358's over 3.1 of Tightgroup at 1.180 roll crimped into the lube groove.  I'm actually waiting on the Brazos Precision  160  which has a longer, pointier nose.  I'll start at 2.8 of TG and roll crimp into the lube groove.  I'm hoping to further improve accuracy and reloading speed with the pointier, longer nose

http://www.brazosprecision.com/38-158gr-Round-NoseBevel-BaseGroove-664ct-00632bullet_p_18.html

http://www.brazosprecision.com/38-160gr-Round-NoseBevel-BaseGroove-657ct-0064bullet_p_39.htm

Jason