Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 5 Glock Frames.

Slow250

1 hour ago, Slow250 said:

I really appreciate everyone wanting to be so helpful, but I’m looking for a stripped Gen 5 frame for a 9/40 specifically.  I’ll post here if I find one in case anyone else is looking as well.

That one isn’t stripped but that’s a good price on a gen 5 frame. Out of curiosity why do you need a gen 5 frame?

I’m going straight to an aftermarket slide that is milled for the optic I use.  I have the other parts, so it doesn’t make sense for me to get another full gun.  The link you provided is so far the best deal, but Big Tex advertises stripped slides for 100 shipped.  I’m on the notification list for when they come in stock.  I’m not in a huge hurry, I’m just building a backup gun.  I was hoping to find another store with a similar deal.  

Also to the OP you are waiting on a $100 frame when by the time you put in a locking block, pins, slide release, magazine release spring, mag release, slide lock and slide lock spring, and a trigger assembly even OEM you are gonna be around the same as the $175 cost.  And unless you have your own FFL or live in the same area as Big Tex you also have a transfer fee, back ground check, and shipping.  

2 hours ago, dskinsler83 said:

Also to the OP you are waiting on a $100 frame when by the time you put in a locking block, pins, slide release, magazine release spring, mag release, slide lock and slide lock spring, and a trigger assembly even OEM you are gonna be around the same as the $175 cost.  And unless you have your own FFL or live in the same area as Big Tex you also have a transfer fee, back ground check, and shipping.  

Ok...   I have been shooting the gen 5s since late last year.  I have spare parts and I don’t use the OEM triggers.  The transfer will cost me the same if I spend $100 shipped or 175 plus shipping so I’d prefer $100.  

As for the slides, Gen 5 aftermarket ones are out, no need to use an older gen.  

Let’s get back on topic.  Looking for a place selling stripped Gen 5 full size frames.

And didnt know anyone other than Zev had released a Gen5 specific aftermarket slide yet, news to me but good news.  

And I was just trying to point out you arnt gonna save all that much as if you have all those frame parts as spares already then that would clearly indicate you wanted to have spares?  So you would just be purchasing them again.