Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Missouri Fall Classic

hopalong

Well I don't know about ya'll but I'm ready to hear about other stuff.

I myself have not made the decision to go or not but Carmoney and D. Carden are shooting the fall classic in Rolla MO.

Last year I shot this match, quite possibly the most ANTI 6 round revolver match I have shot !!!!!!

BUT also one of the Most FUN I have shot with a Wheel gun.

You would walk up to a stage and look at it briefly and think....."Damn how the hell am I going to do this without 3 or 4 standing reloads?"

Well after the verbal walk through you get to looking closer.....And there it is.....NOT one but two or three different ways to shoot it, just had to put your mind in gear.....NO EASY go here shoot, go there shoot ect.

I have every reason to expect the same type shooting.

To add to it Mike and Dan are just Points away from each other in the series and a good head to head battle I'm sure won't hurt.

Dan has yet to shoot A-5 and has a chance to make some good points, as it being an Area match the points are doubled......But I understand Jerry is to be there and that makes it harder on Dan to get many more than he had at Area-6 (not saying he can't but saying it will be hard)

My suggestion.....Any and everyone shooting a wheel gun, enter the MO fall Classic and give those two some good competition and support.

I myself have not ruled it out but it doesn't look good.....Sure would be nice to Repeat as Points series Champ though.

On another thought, Last year the Fall Classic was a level III match....If there are 20 in a Division the top 3 are supposed to get slots to the next Years Nationals !!!!!!!

Temps are good, trees are pretty, BUDWIESER is sponsoring and supplying at the match hotel in the evening........(I know Carmoney will apreciate that!!!! :P:P )

Don't stand on the sidelines and watch Dan and Mike duke it out, go to Rolla Missouri and cheer them on!!!!!

See ya'll there IF I can.

Hopalong

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam.........

Just for the record, folks, Sam Keen (Hopalong) is presently leading the Point Series in Revolver by about 10 points. If either Dan or I manage to get ahead of him by the end of the year, I do not want Sam to be be able to say it was all because "y'all gas is gettin' too expensive 'round these here parts"! ;)

SHOW UP AT THE MISSOURI FALL CLASSIC, SAM!!!!

SEND IN YOUR ENTRY FORM TOMORROW, SAM!!!!

And then we'll have some big fun on the range in Rolla.

There are some other good revo guys who are not regulars here on the forum who are sure to be there. Larry Treen knocked me into second place very handily at the Missouri IDPA State Championship last fall. Jess Christensen beat me by 10% at the Fall Classic last year. And my young Sam (age 12) is coming on strong, now that he's switched over to shooting my 25-2 he's shooting better than ever, winning some stages here and there, and no more minor scoring to hold him back! (You should see the kid, he's grown like an Iowa weed, and his hands are darn near as big as mine--handling an N-frame is a problem no longer.)

I'd love nothing more than to have a bunch of serious revolver guys show up so we can have a good ol' fashioned shootin' match between us. It was a really fun, really well done match last year, with great stages, and I'm sure this year's match will be great as well.

(BTW, maybe the best moment of last year's match was when a friendly fellow wheelgunner hopped-along up to us and said, "You must be Mike and Sam!" beginning a great friendship!) (Geez, here I go, getting all sensitive and sentimental again.....)

So c'mon--all out for the Fall Classic. Especially you, Hopalong!!

Mike

P.S. Cliff, did you hear what he said?? FREE BUDWEISER!!

SSSHHHHHH......

MIKE, don't say that too loud.....

If Cliff hears it there won't be any BUDWEISER left for the other shooters !!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I did contact Mr. Treen, he is shooting an OPEN blaster and concentrating on it. <_<

I expect Jess to be there, a very dangerous guy....He shoots minor and that IMHO hurts him just a little. He shoots as well as I do and can really make the 625 go, If he has a good day he can beat any of us.....don't know about Jerry though.

I understand Mike Lutterell from Arkansas has been talked into going (this is the guy who dropped 7 points for the match at the Old Fort "Revolver" match.) another good wheel gunner to look out for. B)

Would be good to see Bubber and Waltermitty show up, that is not too far away from them. :)

How about all the guys from the Ohio Revolver Championship ????? :)

So how about it? Mike and Dan need some good COMP.... I know ya'll are up for it.

I'm going to do like a friend of mine said today.........

"I'll stay on the porch and bark a while!!!" :wacko::wacko:

HOPALONG

Ok haven't heard from any one.....

Waltermitty......If Mike L. can go I know you can.

Same for Firewalker, IDPA nationals will be long gone....you can learn and then forget some of them "IPSC bad habits" :lol::lol::lol:

Bubber ????

Lefty45???

RobomanUSA????

Keith ?????

Airedale????? KANTUK aint very far.......What about the "Mafia"? I know a member or two of them have wheelies??????

How about DaBlaster????? I know he has one..... I kinda sorta tricked it out for him, He shot it at the Illinois match last year.....someone put a bug in his ear.

Come on.....Mike and Dan need all the distractions they can get !!!! ;););)

HOP

Hoo boy, this would be a tough match to fit in. October's shaping up to be really crazy.

I'm not ruling it out mind you, but....

On the 22nd we're putting on an ICORE match in OKC. There may just be too many committments to add another.

This must be the match that TrueGent was trying to get me interested in about a month ago. Then I forgot all about it.

But, I'm having a hard time talking myself into another 12-15 hour road trip this year. I actually envy Carmoney because he lives in Iowa :P and is therefore already halfway there compared to Minnesota.

Edited by Keith

Ken, I'm sure Dan has already sent in his entry form!  See you there! 

Keith, drive down to my place the Friday morning before the match and then you can ride down to Rolla with me and Sam!

Alright, the check went in the mail today.

I wrote "put me with the other revolver shooters" on my form. I don't know what the squadding procedures are.

Way to go Ken..... :D:D:D Now go get Bubber to go too !!!!!

What about Tom ?????

Surely the Harley can get to Iowa and him hitch a ride with the Carmoney's ?

Even better Tom, My boss is going to ride his Gold wing(If we make the trip) He knows some good roads to go cruise on around Rolla....Goes twice a year.

Would be a chance for you to see how Dan and Carmoney shoot those good Classifiers !!!!!

Still can't say I'll be there......but can't say I won't !!!!! ;)

Hop

Absotively.

Let's go, Tom, ride that big two-wheeler down here to Mitchellville, park it in my garage, and toss in with us. You can even wear your glove all the way down to Rolla and we won't giggle. Anybody else heading down to Rolla from up north, same offer.

Ken, glad to hear you're in--be good to shoot with you again.

Guys, this is really a great match at a first-class facility!

I'm getting more excited by the day!

OK, I just sent DaBlaster a nasty E-mail about how there is no Missouri Native Revolver shooters to defend the States Honor...... :D:D:D

And some other stuff ... ;)

Now that gives him 3 weeks to get used to the 610.

We know he can handle the shooting....He is a GM in LTD...They know how to shoot....even with the difference between a bottom feeder and a Revo.

And Like Dan said.....Most of the important stuff is not the shooting but the getting around the stage effeciently.....Which I'm pretty sure he can do.

Now ya'll just send him one too, so he can feel welcome.

HOP

Y'know, EB is the reigning champ of Revo from the 2004 Illinois Sectional.

(Never heard why he shot a round gun at that match....he must've lost a bet!)

If he wants a repeat victory at that match, though, he's gonna hafta earn it!! ;)

Doubt if we'll convince him to shoot a revolver at the Fall Classic, but it would sure be great PR for our division if he did!

Edited by Carmoney

So if there are 6 of you .....

1 Carmoney

2 Carden

3 Spruiel

4 Christiansen

5 Walsh

6 Luttrell

7 TOM ?????

8 Bubber ?????

9 HOP ??????????

That would be 11 dollars a piece to buy his entry into Revolver Division......If only the first 6 showed up.

Nothing like good ole Payola ;)

Now get to E-mailing him His BENOS name is DaBlaster.....

HOP

Edited by hopalong

Hey all,

Didn't get a chance to look in yesterday, but I see that the "boat is'a rock'in some"

Ken, thanks for jump'in in.

Mike, my app went out early Aug, the checks been cashed so im good to go.

Keith, I guess we'll see you in Florida in Feb. And yes, this is the match Lee was buggin you about a while ago. We've been PM'ing and I'd mentioned to him about you guys trying to make it.

HOP, well, whats left to say.

Your right !!!! You sure can stir things up. Good job!!

Cliff..............??

DAMN :(:( I GOTTA START PRACTICE'IN :o:o

Danbagger........

Why practice?

Nationals is over, no one else is....I'm not I just pick up the gun and go shoot now.

Carmoney.....Now that is another question......seems like I hear a 625 booming from the north western direction at least 8 hours a day now . :o:o:o

Walsh I doubt is practicing......

Mike Luttrell is building a house.

Jess...for some reason I doubt he's doing much

Waltermitty......HMMMMM hes got an ICORE match....MO fall classic. NNAAHH he's just having fun too.

So don't make it too hard on them. ;)

HOP

Edited to fix what I hear from Carmoney's direction !!!!! ;););)

Edited by hopalong