Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 S&w Ipsc Major Loads With 200gr Bullets

cactus299

I hate to be a smart alec... but the best load is what your gun likes. Unfortunately, not all guns like all loads. I tried 231, U Clays, and a few others and determined that I didn't like the 200 gr load all that much. You'll probably get either a bunch of replies, or you'll get a bunch of links to other posts in the forum telling you to research it, it's all in here somewhere.

Some peoples swear on clays and long 200 gr loads, other people will tell you a slower powder is better. Basically, it's the one your gun likes. There is generally no "perfect load" for all guns.

Vince

Ok, No didn't think it was a wrong question. I just wanna be sure you can load long to increase internal case space. Here was my load, 200 gr zero TC with 4.7 grs VV 320 ( 169 PF) AT 1.200 OAL. Noticed the OAL is very important for fast powders and heavy bullets. As always start low on the powder charge and work your way up. By the way this was a soft load. I am currently using 180 grs but may go back to 200s. Be sure to watch for cratering in your primers. I did not at anytime experience any cratering or any excessive pressure signs. BE sure that your barrel is freebored to accept long loads.