Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti edge has different slide markings .

urmaker45

I recently made a trade on a edge in 40 . The gun has Sti edge 40. On the slide I haven’t seen that before normally ones I’ve seen say edge in small font . Im  wondering if it’s a older gen sti edge and if it’s a good thing or bad thing . Gun suppose to have about 7-10k rounds on it . Has ck stainless frame .

104554E5-B4B7-4FD6-B382-8FBB19E79FCD.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

They change the rollmark on occasion. 

Mine has the big letters STI EDGE, but not the .40

The newer ones I've seen are smaller font right above the slide lock. 

Thanks I’m new to owning a edge just trying to find some info out !

The large 'Edge' billboard is indicative of an older manufacture date. Newer ones have smaller font.  'Large' font Edges can be found with/without caliber markings on the slide.  I suspect those with the caliber markings are older than those without, but pure speculation on my part; I've owed both.

On 6/23/2019 at 7:07 AM, muncie21 said:

The large 'Edge' billboard is indicative of an older manufacture date. Newer ones have smaller font.  'Large' font Edges can be found with/without caliber markings on the slide.  I suspect those with the caliber markings are older than those without, but pure speculation on my part; I've owed both.

That was what I was thinking it was a older build thanks for info 

1 hour ago, urmaker45 said:

Thank you sir I’ve always wanted a 2011 edge so it’s my dream pistol !

Good on ya! 

I stayed away from them for many years because I didn't think any pistol was worth over $1500 and thought the guys paying that much were dumb, but when I finally got one, I haven't really touched my other pistols since. 

I drank the koolaid and its delicious. 

12 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

Good on ya! 

I stayed away from them for many years because I didn't think any pistol was worth over $1500 and thought the guys paying that much were dumb, but when I finally got one, I haven't really touched my other pistols since. 

I drank the koolaid and its delicious. 

Haha I would totally agree !