Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Awards?

Cameron

I hate that awards and prize money have still not been issued from some Area matches, even though they were shot over two months ago. :angry:

It is sad that such great matches can get tarnished over simple organizational skills.

Maybe I am a simple person, but I earned the awards, and would like to hang um up.

I know for a fact that one can call Manny at Protech on Monday, email artwork, and have a batch of awards to Michigan by Friday.

What gives???????????

I just printed up the Area 8 awards today, I got the order for them before I left

for the World Shoot, and have been playing catch up for the last couple weeks,

so if those are the ones that you are talking about, its my fault, I am a little behind, Sorry for any inconvenience!! but they are going in the mail on Monday, so you should have it by weeks end!!

Thanks,

Manny

I hate it too. The matches were over months ago.

I believe in not picking on Match staff but this is too long.

Cameron

I got a plaque from a match 11 months later. No kidding. The MD told me at least 6 times over 6 months "I will mail it Monday" Took me a lot of years to shoot that match again.

If you're referring to the Area 8 Championship, I agree that the Match Director lacks organizational skills. :wacko: Plaques could have been made up before the match, but the decision was made to wait until the winners were known and the awards could be personalized. Manny (who does excellent work!!!) did tell us that he would be pretty busy with Nationals, World Shoot, etc. and I just screwed up and waited too long to get the award order out to him. For that I apologize.

As for prize money, the match prize policy dictates that after match expenses are paid, all remaining funds are divided up between the Division & Class winners and high finishers. Believe it or not - we had a hard time getting some vendors to bill us!

In any case, it looks like the awards are in the works and the checks are almost in the mail.

Ron Rodgers

MD - 2005 A8

Manny,

Thanks for your input. This was not your issue at all.

Ron,

Thanks also for your reply. A8 is one of them. As far as the venders, the MD should already know what the bills are. I know I never agree to purchase anything before first knowing the price.

My thought is to take care of the shooters. The match was put on for their sake.

Again, thanks for your input from the A8 match staff side. The match was fantastic, and I am sure I will return next year.

Now if the other Area match could explain??????? :angry:

Bill,

You probably forgot what the award was for once you got it. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I hate that I saw the awards for the A7 at todays monthly match. I hate that you guys had to wait this long for them. They will be sent out shortly. The same mistakes will not be made next year. :(