Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next Years Idpa Nationals Location

vincent

Wherever they have the Nationals, it would be nice if the City was easliy accessible as far as travel goes. For those of us flying in from the west coast, there are not many options when flying into Little Rock. There are no direct flights, and many airlines dont fly there. The Southwest flights that were available to us had two layovers. This turns a 3 hour flight into 5-6 hours. Not a big deal, but a little inconvienient.

Edited by Sac Law Man

Well, there's another reason to have the Nats at The Range in N.C. Within driving distance to Raleigh Durham INTERNATIONAL Airport. You can fly in from Hong Kong if you need to. The Range is also close to major highways and interstate

I-85. But best of all, Frank does put on one hellava match.

Hey guys,

As was mentioned above, 2006 is back at CASA but 2007 appears to be up for grabs. A lot of shooters are talking about Frank's but I do know someone else who plans to put in a proposal for it too. Experience wise, Frank ran the 2000 match at Mid-South and from what I've been told, it was a good one. Flying into Raleigh-Durham helps a ton too. That RT ticket to Little Rock was a killer.

• 3 weeks later...
I shot it for three years when it was in Mississippi and once in Arkansas. I did not care for it at all in Little Rock and have not been back.

So what was to bad about Little Rock that would make you not want to come back?

The first and second year the match hotel, hospitality nights, and shock of the difference in "things to do" between Tunica and Little Rock made the location a bit of a let down. I think the complaints were less about CASA and more about the match hotel and Little Rock.

I wasn't there this year but my buddies said that the new match hotel made the stay a lot better. However Little Rock is still not a good location for out of town travelers and people who want activities outside the match for say family members and such. I heard several good comments about the match itself as well.

It has been at CASA for 3 years and I think it is time for a change. Looks like 2006 will still be there so they'll get another chance for a "match to remember".

The first and second year the match hotel, hospitality nights, and shock of the difference in "things to do" between Tunica and Little Rock made the location a bit of a let down. I think the complaints were less about CASA and more about the match hotel and Little Rock.

I wasn't there this year but my buddies said that the new match hotel made the stay a lot better. However Little Rock is still not a good location for out of town travelers and people who want activities outside the match for say family members and such. I heard several good comments about the match itself as well.

It has been at CASA for 3 years and I think it is time for a change. Looks like 2006 will still be there so they'll get another chance for a "match to remember".

The match hotel last year wasn't that great. They screw up my reservation that I had made 6 months in advance and even confirmed a couple of times prior to hitting the road. The new match hotel should have been better. It cost about $45 more per night over 2004.

Tunica is hard to beat. Centrally located. Mid-South is a great facility. CASA is fine but it's not Mid-South is all. Just doesn't feel like a nationals after being spoiled with Tunica. We drove into Memphis and hit Beale St and if you wanted to gamble you had it right there. Though I go mainly to shoot. I felt like I was at something special. I just don't feel that way about CASA. Feels more like a State match to me.

Edited by Mayonaise