Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zeroed In Armory any good?

Pickin

Looking to have my G34 slide milled.  Saw ZIA has half the price (services on sale right now) than most place.  It is a Texas company. Never heard of them, just seeing if anyone has used them.

Never heard of them.

But here’s my anecdote. My cousin used a local shop to have his slide milled for an optic a while back. The optic cut was ~ok, the optic fit in the pocket and all that. But fit and finish was nowhere near the level of my Primary Machine jobs. They also removed the striker channel liner, I guess before Cerakote, and  forgot to reinstall it before reassembling the slide and delivering it back to him. It was a M&P slide for which parts are not nearly as readily available as Glocks to it was just an annoying headache to sort out. My point is I would stick with reputable outfits (I specially recommend Primary Machine based on my experiences) for this kind of work. If your slide gets boogered up in a way that isn’t fixable by simply replacing parts it could end up being an extremely expensive job. 

1 hour ago, Helios said:

Never heard of them.

But here’s my anecdote. My cousin used a local shop to have his slide milled for an optic a while back. The optic cut was ~ok, the optic fit in the pocket and all that. But fit and finish was nowhere near the level of my Primary Machine jobs. They also removed the striker channel liner, I guess before Cerakote, and  forgot to reinstall it before reassembling the slide and delivering it back to him. It was a M&P slide for which parts are not nearly as readily available as Glocks to it was just an annoying headache to sort out. My point is I would stick with reputable outfits (I specially recommend Primary Machine based on my experiences) for this kind of work. If your slide gets boogered up in a way that isn’t fixable by simply replacing parts it could end up being an extremely expensive job. 

Appreciate the recommendation, sir! 

Zeroed In Armory is a quality shop. I had a 3 day turnaround. Sure you can stick with the big names and pay a lot more........which I have as I have had several slides milled. I am however sending another to ZIA next week.

793e403b199e4d5ab36c7f4e6e058e83.jpg

15 hours ago, tact said:

Zeroed In Armory is a quality shop. I had a 3 day turnaround. Sure you can stick with the big names and pay a lot more........which I have as I have had several slides milled. I am however sending another to ZIA next week.

793e403b199e4d5ab36c7f4e6e058e83.jpg

That looks good.  Thanks for the info.  I am looking to reduce some weight for my open glock build.  No optic cut but slide milling.

Edited by Pickin