Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Holosun HE509T - Enclosed emitter, tube-style titanium pistol optic

Rudukai13

A competitor to the ACRO appears...

https://holosun.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=96

The new HE509T Micro Red Dot System is based on our famous HS507C, but with an enclosed frame for a great sight picture, clear glass and an incredibly tough Grade 5 Titanium housing. Powered by a 1632 battery which allows the HE509T to operate up to 5 years on a single battery. Equipped with Holosun’s Advanced Solar Fail-safe power engine that gives the HE509T an indefinite run time. Featuring our Multi-reticle system, the user can switch reticles in the HE509T with the push of a button. Packed with features including Holosun's Shake Awake technology and last setting recall.

Features

• Parallax free optical design, with unlimited eye relief

• Fully Enclosed, Nitrogen Filled System

• Shake Awake technology with last setting recall

• Solar cell and high capacity battery provide dual power supplies

• Industry standard footprint for your pistol mounting needs

• CNC machined Titanium housing

The video claims it will have the same footprint/bolt pattern as the 507 (meaning RMR), but all the media I can find of it shows it with an integrated rail clamp. Perhaps two different versions?

Looks interesting. I’ve always liked Holosun’s integration of solar cells into their optics as a backup to dead batteries, and all of the durability tests I’ve seen of the 507 make it seem it’s as tough as much higher priced competitors. I also like that it’s available with your choice of red, green, or amber reticle. The enclosed design really brings something different to the table of pistol dots as well, as it’s my understanding that was a primary source for the hype around the Aimpoint ACRO

Edited by Rudukai13