Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Completely Random Q's...

uscbigdawg

Model 1 Sales:

So I'm thinking of buying one of their kits and buildling a shorty for plinkin' back home and for the occasional 3-Gun match when I finish my government sponsored tour of Korea. Anyone have any history with them? A buddy uses one of their 16" uppers and it's a tack driver. Just curious on their other parts.

AR-10 Parts:

Project # 2. I'm probably going to end up just buying an AR-10 from GA Precision or JP. However, I'm curious about parts. Are the AR-10 parts and AR-15 parts pretty similar (if not identical) other than the .308 specific parts (i.e. bolt, bolt carrier, etc.)?

Thanks for the info.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

I've heard mostly good things about Model 1. It's usually a good deal for the $$.

As for the AR10, There are going to be some parts that are the same between them, but most major parts are not going to be interchangeable. Someone may be along to be more specific.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Any updates on Model 1? It's nice living in a free-er state where you can have the luxury of extra stripped lowers and rifle projects to get built.

So, wanted to know if anyone has any experience with them. My buddy Chris loves his 16" upper that he picked up from them, and that's what I'm looking at too.

Any info is appreciated.

Rich

Rich,

As far as the AR10 goes, the DPMS is a tacak driver out of the box. The only change you need to make is to add a JP trigger. I had a buddy who was going to send his off to George but after shooting it decided it was good to go. It's a helluva lot of gun for $900.

Rich, I have a M1 Sales 16" M4 style upper that I would sell you. It has a Shaw chrome moly barrel with a 223 chamber instead of the standard barrel, NM sights front and rear, bolt, chrome bolt carrier, etc. It is complete upper, pin it to your lower and shoot. About 150 rounds on it, barrel broken in right, and it has never been hot. Handguards are green, if you want the rest of the green furniture we could work something out on that too.

This is the second upper I got from them. The first was the same as this one, and the FSB was canted. It shot great, but only had about 4 or 5 minutes of windage left on the sight. I sent it back, they 'fixed it, and sent it to me. When it came back the upper was scratched up and the FSB was canted to the point that I had about 8 minutes of windage left but now it was the other way. I sent it back and they sent me a new upper. This one is pretty well centered with enough windage left for anything you might want to do. I had to pick up shipping both times, and I ended up with more money in it than I ever should have had. It shoots really well, and they were easy to deal with. Eventually they made everything right too.

Rich, I've got a Model 1 24" SS 1 in 8 twist varmint upper that I use to off Praire Rats. It is very accurate (1/2 moa). It has a .223 chamber which when hot will stick brass. Plan to have a NATO chamber reamer run into it so it won't stop running when the rats charge.

As for the AR-10 drop Benny a line and inquire about his concept, ever since I shot his at Arkansas 3 gun I want one. Keith