Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lunch time improvement.

Tompac

New job leaves me with an hour to kill mid day. Can’t dry fire, can’t sweat. I’m doing  grip exercises now but what can I add to improve my shooting given no guns or sweating? 

I have a spot at work that's far from prying eyes that I "dryfire" with a water bottle. "Targets" are cardboard boxes on shelves. Also do wrist and grip exercises with squeeze balls and weights that are heavy items that don't attract attention.

Spread out several post-it notes on the wall and practice transitions. 

Use a a water bottle or just your finger. Take aim at one of the post-it notes and transition to another moving just your eyes and follow with your hands. 

Space them hem out a bit and vary the distance of each from the floor or put six side by side to simulate a plate rack. 

Can be done sitting at a desk or standing. 

If you are near a computer, consider adding a dryfire timer with par time function. Just lower the volume. 🤫

• 5 months later...

I also like the post-it notes drill with a water bottle.  I have 3 pieces of blk electrical tape on my

basement wall to transition with.  Some years back Matt Burkett (sp) did a video, actually several,

but one in particular he used a water bottle to move from box to box, etc.  It was interesting watching

him and his student doing it and how it helps you keep you feet quiet as you move which helps keep

your pistol quiet as well.......