Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL 1050 question...

Hi, I am loading on a RL 1050 (small primer) and a Super 1050 (large primer)... my Super 1050 is running great!  No issues with loading 45acp.

The RL 1050 does feel smoother and the ratchet seems much lighter.  Not sure if this is normal or not.

The RL is fine... however I have now broken two (part number) 12486 Cam Bolts and I have no idea what the hell is causing this issue.

I guess I’m looking for thoughts on why this is happening and has anyone else experienced this?

Only difference for me using the two machines is the RL has a bullet feeder on it since I shoot a lot more 9mm than other rounds.

I can provide pics if needed... hoping it’s something very easy to adjust and fix.

Be sure the various primer arm/cam assembly parts are greased, including #17604 bracket pivot pin, #13746 cotter pin where it goes through the holes in the cam assembly, the top of #13413 where it contacts 20488, and the S-shaped slot in #20488.

15 hours ago, dillon said:

Be sure the various primer arm/cam assembly parts are greased, including #17604 bracket pivot pin, #13746 cotter pin where it goes through the holes in the cam assembly, the top of #13413 where it contacts 20488, and the S-shaped slot in #20488.

Yes, this fixed my issue.  After calling in and asking I was told “we are not sure what the issue could be”.

Finally I spoke to an older reloaded who has had a RL1050 his whole shooting life.  He explained this to me as well.

When  i called to order the cam bolt, one rep did explain this to me as well... sadly it was a call short and another broken cam bolt.