Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Differences between the CZC Shadow Orange and CGW Shadow?

sidpost

On 3/4/2019 at 6:24 AM, sidpost said:

Most people think of this "Orange" pistol:

CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange which while nice, isn't really competition legal for what most people really want to use it for.  It is, however, a really nice pistol.  I think it is a European IPSC style pistol in 9mm "Major" (or 9x21).  And, for those wanting a S/A 40S&W, it fits that role as well.

Then there is this one to further confuse things and people like myself: CZ Shadow 2 Black & Blue

Then, CZC makes this one which seems to be targeted to wards IDPA:

CZ SP01 Shadow Orange

Say what now? The TSO is used primarily for Limited in 40 and 3-Gun for 9mm.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:51 PM, 858 said:

Say what now? The TSO is used primarily for Limited in 40 and 3-Gun for 9mm.

Most people I know shoot IDPA or just plain and simple plink at a range.  I haven't run into anyone in person at a local range with one that was an IPSC or 3-gun shooter. 

The few people that have them seem to "brag" about them more than actually shoot them, sort of a status symbol thing like a fine watch or high-end car (or ricer) mainly.  This applies similarly to the deer hunters from the "big city" that think they need a multi-thousand dollar 'magnum' rifle to shoot deer but, can't deal with the recoil or muzzle blast.  Or those that own a Wison Combat but, are afraid to take it shooting because it might get a faint mark of some sort; they can leave it in their safe or under a banker's light and brag about it if they want to I guess ...

Edited by sidpost

On 3/9/2019 at 7:04 AM, sidpost said:

Most people I know shoot IDPA or just plain and simple plink at a range.  I haven't run into anyone in person at a local range with one that was an IPSC or 3-gun shooter. 

The few people that have them seem to "brag" about them more than actually shoot them, sort of a status symbol thing like a fine watch or high-end car (or ricer) mainly.  This applies similarly to the deer hunters from the "big city" that think they need a multi-thousand dollar 'magnum' rifle to shoot deer but, can't deal with the recoil or muzzle blast.  Or those that own a Wison Combat but, are afraid to take it shooting because it might get a faint mark of some sort; they can leave it in their safe or under a banker's light and brag about it if they want to I guess ...

You need better friends I guess. It always surprises me when someone says they still shoot IDPA, much less on purpose. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2019 at 8:24 AM, sidpost said:

Most people think of this "Orange" pistol:

CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange which while nice, isn't really competition legal for what most people really want to use it for.  It is, however, a really nice pistol.  I think it is a European IPSC style pistol in 9mm "Major" (or 9x21).  And, for those wanting a S/A 40S&W, it fits that role as well.

Then there is this one to further confuse things and people like myself: CZ Shadow 2 Black & Blue

Then, CZC makes this one which seems to be targeted to wards IDPA:

CZ SP01 Shadow Orange

The Shadow 2 Orange was released.  Its different than the orevious shadows and has better grips.