Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Camcorder Video to MPEG conversion

Chris,

I'll let someone else answer that question.

I'll offer up an option.  We have a Sony digital camera that takes video in mpeg format.  Our's stores data on mini CD's, others use memory sticks or floppy disks (I think the floppies would hold a stage worth of videos).  The prices on those types of cameras are dropping every day.  That may, or may not, be a simplier (and competitively priced) option.

Chris,

There are several ways to do this.  The easiest is to pick up some sort of capture card like a Dazzle.  You can get these from any major electronics store (like Best Buy).

They will come with decent editing software that will get you rocking and rolling.

If you want to get crazy .. get a Digital cam with a firewire connection.  With that, you can use something like Final Cut Pro (on a Mac) or Adobe Premier (for PC) to do some pro quality stuff.

You might give Matt Burkett a shout when he gets back from the Nats, he did all of his vids himself on the MAC.  Taught me a lot about doing it over a quick phone call.

I'm sure he'll love me volunteering him =)

Here's a link to a vid I did poking fun at one of my shooting buddies, short and sweet =)

<a href="http://www.lanimal.net/~bradc/movies/teamparker.wmv"> Click me!</a>

Enjoy!

BradC

A46143

(Edited by BradC at 1:09 pm on Aug. 23, 2002)

Great video Brad!!!  Which equipment did you use?  How long did it take to make it?  Whats the dogs name!!!

Too funny.  LOL

If you buddy doesn't mind ( or if he doesn't know) you should post it on the video clips thread.  

Enough of the pros,  show us the REAL shooters!!!