Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

trouble adjusting 45 deg dot

added a delta point on a 45 deg mount and having problems sighting in the dot, there doesn't seem to be enough windage adjustment, left handed shooter so dot is on left side of gun. is this a problem with the delta point or am I not setting this up correctly, and if it's just the sight what one works the best.

I'd guess it's not a problem with the DPP. It's likely either an issue with your mount, or user error. Just to make sure, you're trying to zero the dot with the gun canted over so your 45° optic is on top, right? If so, it's time to take off that mount and double check everything. The picatinny clamp on some of the cheaper mounts can be a little wonky sometimes and not always clamp straight on. I'd double check that it seems to be engaging properly. 

One thing you can do is take it off, remount it ensuring that it clamps on properly, torque it down to the right spec, and then try to boresight it by placing your primary dot on an object at the end of a hallway, and then moving the offset dot to that same object without moving the gun. It takes some coordination and a vise definitely helps, but this is what I did to make sure my offset would work when I first mounted it. 

8 hours ago, Xanatos903 said:

I'd guess it's not a problem with the DPP. It's likely either an issue with your mount, or user error. Just to make sure, you're trying to zero the dot with the gun canted over so your 45° optic is on top, right? If so, it's time to take off that mount and double check everything. The picatinny clamp on some of the cheaper mounts can be a little wonky sometimes and not always clamp straight on. I'd double check that it seems to be engaging properly. 

One thing you can do is take it off, remount it ensuring that it clamps on properly, torque it down to the right spec, and then try to boresight it by placing your primary dot on an object at the end of a hallway, and then moving the offset dot to that same object without moving the gun. It takes some coordination and a vise definitely helps, but this is what I did to make sure my offset would work when I first mounted it. 

its a Daniel defense 1 o'clock so I think it's a good mount everything seems tight, but the dot sets to tall on this mount. with the gun at an angle where the dot is level it sets 2-3 inches right of bore axis. and doesn't have the windage adjust to bring dot to center, been looking at the trijicon 45 deg  as it is lower than the DD mount just hoping this works.  

What distance are you zeroing at?  I have run micro dots on 45 degree mounts and sometimes they can be a pain to zero ESPECIALLY if you are trying to zero real close like say 10 yards.  I've never had one that I couldn't get zeroed because of running out of adjustment.