Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Issues with Vortex Optics Sparc II Red Dot Sight -

lfine

I know the conversation here lends itself to much higher end optics but has anyone else tried the Sparc II? Was looking for a good but inexpensive optic and read good reviews but when I got mine I see some parts of the edge of the lens illuminated. In other words, as you move you see a circle sometimes and usually part of a circle. Returning it, needless to say. Just curious if others ran into this.  Last time I needed something in this price range I picked up a Holosun 503GU - much better.  Will either get the Holosun or may try a Venom or Fastfire.  Just for a fun AR15 build.  

Never had a sparc, but I didn't have good much with another tube red dot the strikefire 2. Got rid of that one and got a venom and a razor couldn't be happier. Both work great for an AR, but if you have the money get the razor.

Made the mistake of buying on Amazon but it was supplied by Brownells which made the return really complicated. It's taking weeks to return.  BTW,  don't do that.

But looking at the Venom and the Razor you're comparing $225 to $400.  The Razor's really worth difference?  Frankly I've only tried the $200 and unders and the $500,$600 higher end ones- never something in the middle, which is why I ask.

On 1/15/2019 at 4:17 PM, lfine said:

Made the mistake of buying on Amazon but it was supplied by Brownells which made the return really complicated. It's taking weeks to return.  BTW,  don't do that.

But looking at the Venom and the Razor you're comparing $225 to $400.  The Razor's really worth difference?  Frankly I've only tried the $200 and unders and the $500,$600 higher end ones- never something in the middle, which is why I ask.

If either of you want vortex products new and direct from vortex at a great price pm me