Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Goig to the Dark side...Red dot

Bench

6 hours ago, SteelCityShooter said:

Vortex's web site has a "how to" video on mounting their Venom and Viper red dots and it says the bolts should be torqued to 10 to 12 inch-pounds.  That's INCH-pounds. :) 

Here is the video: http://www.vortexoptics.com/video/mounting_red_dot_to_handgun

Thanks for the link. All I did was read the info included in the box...isn't that the way instructions usually came😜...

• 2 weeks later...

Let us know how you like the venom AND the mount. I've been thinking about getting one on a EGW mount as well for my SS in open steel challenge. I have no doubt the mount will be solid coming form EGW. Assuming you got the 6 moa venom? I was looking at it or the burris FF3 8moa. The only reason I fancied the burris was the 8 moa for faster acquisition on the steel... price is a wash.

2 hours ago, ezra650 said:

Let us know how you like the venom AND the mount. I've been thinking about getting one on a EGW mount as well for my SS in open steel challenge. I have no doubt the mount will be solid coming form EGW. Assuming you got the 6 moa venom? I was looking at it or the burris FF3 8moa. The only reason I fancied the burris was the 8 moa for faster acquisition on the steel... price is a wash.

It's still early in the season and the weather has only allowed one match to go ahead...and that one was nip and tuck with the conditions😜. Regarding the mount and red dot I'm sold on the combination which was suggested by a GM in CO. The 6 moa has been relatively easy to find this early in the game and the mount seems to be hanging on just fine. As I mentioned I've only run it in one match but with ~300 rounds through range work if this continues throughout the season I'll be happy. Good luck on steel this year.

13 hours ago, Bench said:

It's still early in the season and the weather has only allowed one match to go ahead...and that one was nip and tuck with the conditions😜. Regarding the mount and red dot I'm sold on the combination which was suggested by a GM in CO. The 6 moa has been relatively easy to find this early in the game and the mount seems to be hanging on just fine. As I mentioned I've only run it in one match but with ~300 rounds through range work if this continues throughout the season I'll be happy. Good luck on steel this year.

Thats great to hear. I think it will serve me just fine for steel challenge once I get used to it. Thanks!