Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just purchased a Mark7 Pro, upgrading from a Forcht AutoDrive

Take your time and make sure everything is setup and adjusted properly before you start cranking out rounds.  I think the initial setup is crucial for error free loading.  Not sure that you "need" index pawls or upgraded shell plates but I added those to both mine.  Not sure what caliber you are loading but super seemed a little more troublesome for me than 40.  just took a little more attention to detail to get it to run error free.  I don't lube brass because I load what has already been resized and deprimed which is super smooth and there is almost no friction at all in the 1st station.  If you don't want to go to all that trouble, you should definitely lube cases to keep from possibly spilling powder from the "bump" that is caused in station 1.  Also, keep an eye on the shell plate as it indexes and make sure you aren't getting any powder splash at speed.  If you do, there are a few things available now to stop that OR you can use zip ties.  One last thing, make sure your expander die in station 2 is doing its job and that will cut down on the friction from belling at the powder measure station.

23 minutes ago, Clint U66 said:

Take your time and make sure everything is setup and adjusted properly before you start cranking out rounds.  I think the initial setup is crucial for error free loading.  Not sure that you "need" index pawls or upgraded shell plates but I added those to both mine.  Not sure what caliber you are loading but super seemed a little more troublesome for me than 40.  just took a little more attention to detail to get it to run error free.  I don't lube brass because I load what has already been resized and deprimed which is super smooth and there is almost no friction at all in the 1st station.  If you don't want to go to all that trouble, you should definitely lube cases to keep from possibly spilling powder from the "bump" that is caused in station 1.  Also, keep an eye on the shell plate as it indexes and make sure you aren't getting any powder splash at speed.  If you do, there are a few things available now to stop that OR you can use zip ties.  One last thing, make sure your expander die in station 2 is doing its job and that will cut down on the friction from belling at the powder measure station.

Appreciate the response. I actually plan to load in 2 steps, or at least I did on the Forcht. Sizing/Depriming with Lee U die and Swage Hold Down in station 2, brass has been washed once, and I have stared to lube since using the Lee U die. Then primer powder/expand with MBF funnel and finally seat with Redding micrometer and Lee FCD to finish. Thats for 9mm. I plan to do x39, grendel, blkout, 223 eventually. Excited to learn the new machine and hope my Forcht experience with cross over. That machine had no sensors or checks involved.

Those are the ones you want.  I'd also recommend picking up their handheld kill switch.  Much easier than trying to hit the stop button on the tablet if you need to stop the machine quick.

https://www.markvii-loading.com/Mark-7-Wired-Remote-Stop-Switch-_p_214.html

This will be handy too:

https://www.arredondoaccessories.com/product/shell-stabilizer-3/

20 minutes ago, ano said:

I have index pawls lasting over 300.000 (maybe more my counter reset with FW)  with mark7 

It doesnt beat the s#!t out of them. 

Its a good system. 

That is good to know. Thanks for the tip.