Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Protective Cover for Romeo 1 + Shroud

Doublehelix

One of the downsides for me after adding the shroud to my Romeo 1 was that the protective cover that SIG supplies no longer fits.

Someone posted a link to a supplier that makes a more supple "rubbery" type of cover for the Romeo 1 on Amazon.

I contacted the seller and asked if the cover would fit when using the shroud. They replied "NO", so I let it lie for a while. But something in the back of mind got me to thinking that if it is as flexible and rubbery as I think it it, it might just work.

Long story short, it DOES FIT, but it is not a perfect fit. It actually works pretty well however and does provide some protection for the Romeo 1 when it is in the safe and for transporting to the range in my bag. I might get my Xacto knife out and trim one little corner over by the UP/DOWN buttons, but other than that, I was able to get it over the Romeo 1/shroud setup very easily.

The company is called "Dream Plastics" and they hey sell a 2-pack of the covers for $10 + shipping on Amazon.

Remember, this is not a perfect fit, so YMMV, but it is the only solution I know of that works.

Dream Plastics Romeo 1 Cover - Amazon

• 2 weeks later...

The worst part about ITAR restrictions is they won't even send something like this to Australia.

We are currently unable to ship items sold by third parties to Australian shipping addresses.

Edited by terrydoc