Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow2 Tune Up WOW!!

JDIllon

2 hours ago, 2MoreChains said:

Fair enough, but I spent $825 on the S2 (buying it used) and another $50 from CGW to re-spring it.  For another $130 I can add hammer and disco (if I feel the need).  But it may be good to go with just the stock hammer and disco, that’s why I want to shoot it before deciding.  

But consider also that I’ve re-sprung just about every gun that I shoot in USPSA...  My first STI 2011, I replaced all the springs, replaced the beavertail (bc I don’t like the narrow scallop cuts that STI uses on the tang of their beavertail), and had a  gunsmith fit an EGW hammer and sear.  Ditto on all my STI 1911’s that I shoot in SS.  On the two striker fired guns I compete with (G34 and P10C) I also changed out recoil spring, striker spring, striker, trigger shoe, guide rod, and sights.  

I think comp shooters are no different than a lot of car people.  We like to tinker.  

You got a good deal on it then.  Correct tinkering is a given.

The gun is great right out of the box. And I shot it that way for a year and loved it. There is no way that CZ could or should put a all around gun out with the sensitive tripper that these mods accomplish. At least with my gun, it is very sensitive. -2# SA  5#DA   Just my .02   JD