Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting 15% Or Higher

I shot a 77.6 while C. It counted. I think the 15 above rule is being ignored, while the 15 below is being used. I think thats part of the upward bias of the classification system. BTW, I think its fine that way. You classification represents your best game, but you may not bring it out every match. I sure as heck dont.

The way Sedro explained it is if you are "showing a recent upward trend" and you are, for example, a B Class shooter with a score or two in the 75% or 80%+ range, they'll let a 90 or 100% go.

If you are a C Class shooter with you highest classifier score a 55%..an 76% will usually get flagged.

You can always ask them about it either way.

They do it to make sure you don't get bumped up because of scoring errors is my understanding, have the MD verify the score and contact them and it should be fine, been there done that :)

Congrats on the improvement, shooting 15% above your class is a good sign of things to come.

BTW John Hill (Bremeron area) has and XD with my trigger job on it, if you run into him, have him show you it, I think you'll like it. DVC

I called them yesturday and they told me that they would allow my score. This score is at 56% and I am currently at 31%.

I have been practicing like crazy lately and I feel very confident that my scores will continue to rise. I need to hurry up and make A class so I won't have to worry about this anymore.

Loves2Shoot, I'll check out that XD if I meet up with him. I'm still trying to decide how long I should wait before I do a trigger job on my son's XD. We'll have to make plans sometime for another class. We're still working on alot of the things that we went over last time.

Thanks everybody.

I called them yesturday and they told me that they would allow my score. This score is at 56% and I am currently at 31%.

I have been practicing like crazy lately and I feel very confident that my scores will continue to rise. I need to hurry up and make A class so I won't have to worry about this anymore.

Loves2Shoot, I'll check out that XD if I  meet up with him. I'm still trying to decide how long I should wait before I do a trigger job on my son's XD. We'll have to make plans sometime for another class. We're still working on alot of the things that we went over last time.

Thanks everybody.

Don't wait on the trigger, if $'s a deal, then just pay the shipping and I'll do the work and when you get yours I'll charge you for that one, cause once you see the difference, you'll have to have it. The shipping to WA was like $22 next day Fed Ex.

Seriously, it makes a huge difference on how the gun works, timing, and handling, I can turn them around in a day, so drop me an e-mail if you want.