Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dear Brian and Forum,

Couldn't quite figure out where to put this post, but I need to say it...

I've been disappointed in my shooting the past couple of months. In trying to correct that problem I started reading this forum, practicing, and bought "The Book" (and started reading it). I'm astounded at the difference.

An astonishing amount of experience and wisdom are available on this forum and I thank you all for sharing it. I've learned a lot and I've enjoyed the discussions.

Brian - I cannot say enough good things about The Book. Rarely have I read anything where someone so clearly expresses the essential knowledge required for any task. Today I was reading the part regarding types of focus and visual patience. It was like a thunderbolt. That is exactly what has been happening to me. I have been running stages without seeing anything. I've been running them real fast, but my hits have been terrible. I went to the range at lunch-time (shooting is more important that eating isn't it) and while shooting at different ranges could feel the difference between types of focus. At 5yds I suddenly focused on a bullet hole in a target and (very quickly) put two more overlapping holes in that target.

Since I've been trying to apply the principles I've learned from this forum and from The Book my practices have been going very well. I'll put it into practice this weekend at the North Texas Sectional Championship.

Wish me luck! No...wish for me that I see what I need to see to make every shot.

Cheers,

Hey Kelly,

I couldn't agree more. Between "The Book" and this forum I'm feeling overwhelmed with a new information overload. Even things that I've been told over the years suddenly make sense when expressed in a different way.

I'm getting ready to give my second copy of The Book (Thanks, Brian!) to a diligent shooting friend... I can hardly wait to see what happens to his shooting life as a result... or his mind.

I often take the time to read threads on the forums that cover areas I'm NOT especially familiar with and find that I come away with so much more knowledge than I expected. Shooters share. And generously, too.

(Edited by SiG Lady at 2:37 pm on Oct. 18, 2002)

A couple of things I applied from The Book over last weekend's practice and tonight's match session improved my groupings and scores in terms I can hardly describe...!  Well, if "better scores" and "much tighter groups" (more ten-zones!!! YAY!!!) are adequate words for it, then you get the idea.

It's about R-E-L-A-X-X-X-X-X...........