Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sub-$400 optic

Ryanwarner37

On 10/13/2018 at 8:29 AM, Steve133 said:

You're welcome! I'm hardly an expert or anything, but I've been shooting 3 gun for long enough to have heard WAY better shooters than me give people advice... and to have wasted a ton of money that I wouldn't have wasted if I'd heard that advice early on. Just trying to pass that along and keep folks from making the same mistakes that I have....

Steve definitely has the right idea, I was in a hurry and just threw up what I had on my rifle currently. Looking back, and I might still even, go to a 1x optic just to work on my marksmanship. That way I could save the extra money I'd probably spend jumping up to a piece of really high quality glass for ammo.

On 10/14/2018 at 6:52 PM, TonytheTiger said:

@Garmil Keep us posted on the Athlon.

Mounted mine up today.  It's surprisingly nice for the price. At full MSRP I think a PST gen 2 beats it. At the sub $300 price it's definitely nicer than a strike eagle.

Glass is decent, true 1x and a pretty flat image.

Dot is not daylight bright.

Eye box is good not great.

Turrets are the best I've felt for a made in China scope nice tactile clicks.

Atsr1 reticle looks good in person the small dots are just big enough to see well and not cover much of the target. The open sections to bracket with I'm not used to but should work fine.

Does not come with any type of caps or a battery.