Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quest for the best non-mag PCC Optic

I did a similar comparison between the following optics:

Trijicon Reflex II

Eotech XPS2-0 (Scince returned to Eotech)

Leupold Deltapoint Pro

Trijicon MRO

SIG Romeo 5X

I was so impressed with the SIG Romeo 5X it ended up on my PCC and the others are on other rifles I don't shoot much.

On 9/4/2018 at 11:16 AM, TRUBL said:

I really like it for steel as I can anticipate the shot running across the plate better. 

Your eyes automatically find the center of a circle so I've never had an issue losing the dot. Also, I've found I'm just as fast and more accurate with the circle as when it fits inside the USPSA target I know I am on......to be honest, with pistol, I always tended to use the sight as a reference (target, front sight.....knowing the rear sight was lined up)........I guess it's kinda the same here.....but hard to put in words.

Thanks, TRUBL, I really appreciate the info.  I've shot my PCC a number of times since my last visit here, the most recent was yesterday, and having not seen your response yet, I can say I understand exactly what you're saying and have decided to stick with the circle dot.  I practiced on nothing but my plate rack and noticed how easy it is to track the next plate.

Thanks again,

MB