Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

100 grain steel load for open

MoonJeong

Any recomendations for 100 grain round nose load for steel challenge? I have w248, longshot, aa7, hs6, sport pistol, autocomp for poweders. Dont have to much time for load dev anymore. Its on an akai open gun. Thanks!

I just run the 100 RNFP Xtreme bullets on top of my normal major load of 8.0 grains of HS6 and Have had good luck. This load went a little over 135pf out of my gun and was very flat. Recoil was a little harsh for a barely minor load, but it was a dream shooting them back to back with my major loads. 

Thanks will try that.

1 minute ago, Wvaughn7 said:

I just run the 100 RNFP Xtreme bullets on top of my normal major load of 8.0 grains of HS6 and Have had good luck. This load went a little over 135pf out of my gun and was very flat. Recoil was a little harsh for a barely minor load, but it was a dream shooting them back to back with my major loads. 

On 8/31/2018 at 9:42 AM, Wvaughn7 said:

Did you have any problems with accuracy with this load? I was under the impression that xtreme plated bullets had a speed limit of 1200 fps.

I use these bullets over 4.4gr of Titegroup which cycles my three factory pistols reliably. 

11 hours ago, ProfessorGascan said:

Did you have any problems with accuracy with this load? I was under the impression that xtreme plated bullets had a speed limit of 1200 fps.

I use these bullets over 4.4gr of Titegroup which cycles my three factory pistols reliably. 

It's not the most accurate load I’ve ever shot by any means, but it’ll hold 3-4” at 25 yards out of the cheaper lone wolf barrel in my open Glock resting off my elbows. I’m not a great pistol bench shooter so I would expect some of that is me. I used them for steel challenge only which didn’t need any crazy accuracy and they worked for me. 

On 8/31/2018 at 4:03 AM, MoonJeong said:

Any recomendations for 100 grain round nose load for steel challenge? I have w248, longshot, aa7, hs6, sport pistol, autocomp for poweders. Dont have to much time for load dev anymore. Its on an akai open gun. Thanks!

10gr of AA7 under a 100gr bullet will make you smile