Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact timer buttons

Swanny10

Has anyone else had problems with the go button either sticking or not registering that it has been activated? It seems to be happening with more regularity lately. I’m just wondering if this is a consequence of use or if it’s a failure common to these timers. 

Mine does that too, go button seems to be a tight fit (i.e. gap between the button sides and casing opening too small) so when it springs back sometimes it bites the edge and sticks a bit, happening to other two smaller keys sometimes too. And yes to second, sometimes I have to press it twice as it does not accept first push, I bought mine used off ebay so I am not sure if this problem existed from beginning or just repeated use wore out keys and contacts a bit.

Mine does that too.  It happens only in practice when the timer is attached to my back pocket and I hit the button at a slight angle.i haven’t had any trouble using it normally.  Their customer service is excellent.  Have you reached out to them?

7 hours ago, DJD said:

Mine does that too.  It happens only in practice when the timer is attached to my back pocket and I hit the button at a slight angle.i haven’t had any trouble using it normally.  Their customer service is excellent.  Have you reached out to them?

No I have not. Did they offer a solution?

I've had a Pact Club 3 Timer for many years--I had one of the battery wires come loose--fixed that and

no other problems. If the Go button sticks, I would take it apart and ream the hole out a bit.

Another tip-- I use a Lithium battery in it-- less chance of a battery leaking and messing-up the wiring

and/or electronics.

Edited by jacala
Additional info.

11 minutes ago, jacala said:

I've had a Pact Club 3 Timer for many years--I had one of the battery wires come loose--fixed that and

no other problems. If the Go button sticks, I would take it apart and ream the hole out a bit.

This is helpful. I’m not much for messing with electronics. But this I think I can handle. Thanks. 

15 hours ago, Swanny10 said:

No I have not. Did they offer a solution?

I didn’t contact them about this particular issue.   I emailed them about an issue with  the splits being incorrect.  Turns out it was just a battery issue. They made a reply less than 24 hours later.

40 minutes ago, tthrower said:

I have the same problem with the GO button sticking to one side sometimes.  If I press it again it usually springs back and then I press again to get the beep.  

This is what I’m talking about. And it annoys the s#!t out of me. Lol

• 2 months later...

When pressing the GO button it doesn’t stick but sometimes it show #1 in the shot box before any shots are fired. If you shoot 6 shot #7 shows up and no first shot time? Any explanation does that about half the time.