Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

should I replace my M&P with a M&P 2.0 ?

Derek45

Pete, I was not aware of that. Thank you for letting us know that is an option. Buying those parts is certainly is a very low cost upgrade to try.  If someone has spent much time and money working on their 1.0 to get it exactly as they want it, this could be an excellent way to retain and keep shooting that pistol while still improving it and its performance. 

The price certainly is right and I really like the feel (took about a month to show up!!). Now with the Production rule change I can finally put an AEK trigger on too.  

I am surprised they made them available. Here is a picture of it on my 5 inch Core. 

20grip.jpg.05c90ccccff43a93b9bd2bb53e1c1ded.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to upgrade to apex trigger internals there is no reason to upgrade to a 2.0 IMHO unless you just want a new gun.  If its stock vs stock no question the 2.0 hands down.  But there is nothing my 3 gun unlimted 1.0 pro core does that my new pro 2.0 can do better or in fact I would question if it could match it.  I need more rounds thru it but it maybe going to my LE shooting partner.  He wanted one built like mine for our tactical matches.  Maybe its me but I feel the apex parts for the 1.0 leave a better end result than the 2.0 parts if you do full internal upgrade.

As an example my Pro CORE  has the forward set flat trigger kit, extractor, etc.  Bar Sto/Apex (gunsmith) fit threaded 6” barrel. SSS well, tungston rod and ismi spring set.  3lb trigger and it can group under 1” @ 25 bagged consistently with my match loads.  Point being is if you already have a upgraded gun you gain very little at a huge cost to upgrade as you not only have the cost of a new gun but the apex parts as well.  

Honestly IMHO 99% of all purchases by most on here is not need driven but wanting something new driven.   Some people can not stand to not buy a new car every yr or two for use its guns...........  At least guns hold value much better lol

I did get something great out of the 2.0 release though.  With the discount and cash back rebate on the 1.0 shield I was able to get them thru palmetto for a end cost of around 175 each. I picked up  one for each family member.  I have spent way more at one range session than I did on these .  Smok’n deal.