Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Idpa Nationals

redmist10

Looks like this year’s match will fall well short of the 48 in 2005 with only 29 participants showing up for 2004. So much for that theory – :huh:

Looks like Mr. BW might be shooting the wheel gun to offer his support to the cause.

What is also noticeable is that some folks will be so pathetic as to actually shoot a moon clip gun in 2004 and then (due to rule changes) reclassify in the new ESR division – WITH THE SAME GUN TYPE – one or two classes below their classification in 2005. :mellow:

Looks like the system is working great to keep things honest and competitively equal… <_<

A drop off of over 33% can't be correct after increases of 23% and 25% the previous two years. I would think that not all the ESR/SSR shooters are signed up yet.

Does anyone know the split of moon clip guns to non moon clip guns at last years nationals? I've got to believe that there are at least more non moon clips guns this year then last.

Respectfully,

jkelly

I shot SSR last year. Was my first nationals. This year i chose to try the waters in SSP. I hope the new revolver division does well :) For now i am happly waiting till the dust settles and revolver shooters equiptment stabalizes.

Frederick Haring

A drop off of over 33% can't be correct after increases of 23% and 25% the previous two years.  I would think that not all the ESR/SSR shooters are signed up yet.

:lol:...better brace yourself for reality...

I'm thinking they should just "do the right thing" and kill ESR and moonclip guns in IDPA anyway. Allowing them in was "the great mistake" if you talk to Wilson and Hackathorn. Just finish it off.

Firewalker,

Glad to see you are still around !!!!! You know anything about Mike Luttrell's ICORE match?

My guess is that the 33% drop did as Fredrick has, changed divisions completely.

I myself no longer partake of IDPA aside from my local club but only 2 times so far this year.

jKelly, If my memory serves me right, there were only 2 speed loader guns at last years Nationals but I have been wrong before.

Good luck MR. Lowe, give it right back to STEVE ;) (still enjoyed shooting with ya'll at the OHIO match)

HOP

This is interesting.

There are 15 less revolver shooters in this years Nationals then last year (-31%), with Master down 4 (- 40%, even with BW helping out) and Marksmen are down 5 (-50%). Of the 6 Masters 5 are "Industry" shooters. Of the 5 MM none are new to the sport with member numbers of 12,000 or much less (4 or 5 years of IDPA membership I think).

This makes me believe (guess) that the drop off might be disgruntled members swithching divisions (as Hop suggested, or leaving the game). It could also show that the expected influx of new shooters in the SSR division hasn't had time to happen yet.

Any thoughts?

Respectfully,

jkelly

I still shoot SSR and ESR at the local level of IDPA. That being said i was going to enjoy a year of shooting CDP and SSP and watch and see what holsters and loader pouches are accepted. When my revolver comes back to compete again it will be in the SSR class. Yes the revolver was my first love and remains so :P

For what its worth, the change in division may have happened with or with out the new rules. I shot the 2004 nationals as a master SSR, for 2005 I needed a change. (this may also be the case for others)

Hop, Mike hasent mentioned the icore match :wacko:

Frederick Haring

Firewalker,

Glad to see you are still around !!!!! You know anything about Mike Luttrell's ICORE match? .................

HOP

Not to speak out of turn Hop. If you are talking about the Big ICORE Match that Mike wanted to run, He has sent in the stuff to The Match Series Director of ICORE for a Southern Regional ICORE Match. Tentative plans are the first weekend in March I beleive if it is OK'd. I should not think that would be a problem as Mike runs some great stages on his Monthly ICORE Match. I refer to him as "Dr. Evil" :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, with only two weeks to go and the squad lists generated, it looks like revolver participation at the 2005 IDPA Nationals will be down more than 30% from last year.

Sometimes hard cold numbers speak louder than the loudest rhetoric...

• 2 weeks later...

Carmoney,

I just checked the IDPA Nats and found that the revolver divisions are down 16 shooters from last year, 32 down from 48, which is a 33.3% drop off.

Last year there were at least 10 shooters in each of the four SSR classes. There are no revolver classes with 10 or more shooters this year. If this years classes in each of the two divsions were added only EX would have 10+ shooters.

Bummer win your division/class at the "NATIONALS" and don't move up. Well at least there are twice as many classes to be won by only 2/3 the number of revolver shooters at last years Nationals (all better then me though).

That's not bad, 25% of this years revolver shooters will win their class.

Perhaps things will get better next year.;)

Respectfully,

jkelly