Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dukes Of Hazard

Nolan

Well here's the review

Idiot CNN movie reviewers

This flick is a car wreck with boobs.

Now, let me just say, if your idea of a good film is a nearly naked Jessica Simpson and completely over-the-top chase scenes, then this movie is for you.

And what's wrong with that?

So I guess they were expecting Shakespeare?

Johnny Knoxville is hillarious. Sean William Scott is perfect for the part of Bo Duke. Jessica Simpson is, well Jessical Simpson in very skimpy clothing. Willie Nelson was great as Uncle Jesse.

Jay Chandrasekhar (Super Troopers) directed the Dukes and I really liked the Super Trooper tie-ins.

The outtakes at the end of the movie were worth the price of admission.

So what more can I say than I sprayed Coke out of my nose twice! This flick is a car wreck with boobs!!!!

Nolan

Skilled, but otherwise unremarkable

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to watching this one. Can't say I was disappointed. Like Nolan said, boobs and car wrecks, plenty of each!!!

The criticizm I have is that it could have been so much better. First off, Jessica Simpson's body is amazing. If you can stumble past the boobs you find a body that defies description. WOW!!! In the opening scene you see that familiar old Charger racing thru the country roads slippin' and slidin' dirty and beat, but you get the feel of two buddies having fun in an old hot rod. I was a teenager just getting my license when the TV show came out. Never could afford a cool old hot rod like that, but it was fun trying!

The TV show was a silly weekly romp, but it wasn't parody laden. I'm a huge fan of the Broken Lizard group. ( although I've seen nothing they've done since Super Troopers that is as original and fun ) I don't think they were the right ones to do this film. The cast was very cool. Jonny Knoxville is a way better actor than he is used as. If his role here had been more like his role in 'Stealing Parsons' he would have stole the show! That is if Jessica Simpson's body wasn't in it. It's equally perplexing that they will only cast Sean William Scott as 'Stifler' over and over again. He may be able to act, but we will never know. Of course he could have appeared in roles I haven't seen and not been 'The Stif-miester', but if he can act why not let him? Bert Reynolds as Boss Hogg was cool. Willie as Uncle Jesse was super, but he didn't sing until the credits. Thereby missing another wonderful chance to watch Jessica Simpson's body groove to the beat!!!

This could have been a much better movie. They tried to parody the TV show. If they had used the story that the TV show was based on and made a movie it could have been really cool. It could have reminded thousands of people of the small town America they grew up in. The crazy back woods fun that was mostly harmless but entirely necessary.

But it is what it is. It'll fade away as a silly flick. More cool pictures of The General Lee doing it's thing. And allowing those of us too old or out of touch to know enough about Jessica Simpson to fill a thimble to bask in the beauty of one awesome body.

Like I said, not really disappointed, but it could have been much much better!!!

PS...Did I mention that Jessica Simpson has an incredible body...

:D:PB)

Like I said, not really disappointed, but it could have been much much better!!!

I agree that it could have been better, but hey it's Hollywood! I would have loved to see John Goodman cast as Boss Hog and somebody like Tom Arnold or Jim Belushi as Roscoe Coltrane. Burt Reynolds seemed to just show up, attempt to do his lines, and didn't really seem all that interested in the role.

Nolan

I've never thought Reynolds was that good of an actor. He just looks cool being there. LOL

Jim Belushi as Cooter would have been priceless!!! John Goodman as Rosco and Tom Arnold as Enos.

Thats it I'm recasting the movie and demanding a reshoot! I'm pretty sure Jessica Simpson's body will still be ok, but I'd need lots of private interviews before making a final decision!!!

:D:P:ph34r: