Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon RMR 1moa for astygmatism?

chowellacsbd

Looking for thoughts on whether a 1moa rmr would be better for someone with a slight astygmatism? Thought is that the smaller dot at higher brightness would be a crisper dot as opposed to the 3.5 moa. I've shoot numerous 3.5s and wish it was crisper.

This will be mounted to a g17.

It’s the opposite for me— larger dots by far have crisper edges than smaller ones at least through my eyes.  This is true for me no matter what make of dot it is.  My astigmatism is decently corrected by my glasses though. The 3.5moa RMR (which measures out more like a 5moa in reality) is as small as I’ll go. If you like RMR’s, I’d suggest literally looking through an RM02 or RM07 first.  The RM07 is very crisp to me when I’ve looked through a couple samples at the range on other guys’ guns.  I’ve currently got two RM06’s but will likely swap one of them out with an RM07 for my PCC or possibly a carry optic some day, while keeping the RM06 for my rifle. 

Edited by jkrispies

As above, I have the same experience that larger dots turned out much better for me. I have used 2moa and 3.5moa dots and they all have tails but when I use RM05 9moa and RM07 6.5moa they are just round without tails. The triangle 7.5moa dot on Deltapoint Pro works for me pretty good too.