Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer Precision EZ mag extensions for M&P

kmanick

I just recieved a couple of these and I finally got to try them out today at the range.

When loaded up (23 ronds :) ) without fail when I have 4 rounds left , the round doesn't feed all the way and my gun jams. 

It happened with both of the mags I put these on today and it happened like clockwork , 4 rounds left? jam.

Do these new springs need to break in or something. 

Very disappointed and they are not cheap either.

I have a Steel match coming up on the 24th and I was going to use them. :(

Now I can't trust them and feel like going back to 17 rounds. 

anyone else have these?

1 hour ago, DDustin said:

Are you using the matching followers?  This kit on my XDM had the same exact issue and I had to go back to the factory follower.

factory followers.

I received a new firing pin assembly from speed shooters on Saturday

I threw it in last night as I was at the range yesterday and still saw the same problem, even with a 17 rounder I have not modified yet.

I'm beginning to wonder if these 3 mags are dogs as I got them all at the same time from the same shop

will test more tonight.

I have run 140mm extensions from Arredondo, Taylor Freelance and Taran on many, many M&P 9mm and .40 magazines and in multiple guns. All have run 100%. I find it hard to believe that Springer Precision is doing something so different as to cause the problems you describe problems. I'd suspect the ammo and/or the gun. Try different ammo first; factory RN FMJ ammo is cheap and should feed well in just about any M&P.

Just now, StealthyBlagga said:

I have run 140mm extensions from Arredondo, Taylor Freelance and Taran on many, many M&P 9mm and .40 magazines and in multiple guns. All have run 100%. I find it hard to believe that Springer Precision is doing something so different as to cause the problems you describe problems. I'd suspect the ammo and/or the gun. Try different ammo first; factory RN FMJ ammo is cheap and should feed well in just about any M&P.

I have tried several  different off the shelf rounds (S&B, Aguila, American Eagle, Lawman)

I might have a couple of bad mags as my stock 10 rounders (6 of them) all work with no issues.

the 3 17 rounders I have I bought from a store out of state a while back. they 3 of them may have been from a bad batch of Mags?

I don't know will test more tonight with the new firing pin assembly in there. Hopefully that will help

Are they definitely S&W-brand mags, or could they be aftermarket mags? I have not been impressed by any of the aftermarket mags I have seen.

Also, there have been several revisions of M&P mag followers over the years, but all the different variants I have tried seem to work (one did not actuate the slide lock, but still fed fine).

Edited by StealthyBlagga

mystery solved. I got an extended mag release from Speed shooters and flipped it (being a lefty)

this is exactly what I was seeing. i just flipped it back to it's on the left side and problem solved (for nowI want it on the right side I'll have to grind this piece down a bit)

gotta love the internet  :)