Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Diamondback 9mm AR?

Anyone have one? Tried one?  

I held one at the LGS yesterday.  It felt solid, has LRBHO, and the handguard is long, slim and feels light.  The mag catch is very easy to use— not like most of the Glock pattern rifles I have played with.

I didn’t even touch the trigger, so no idea what it’s like, but imagine it’s basic mil spec.

https://diamondbackfirearms.com/collections/db9r-rifle-series/products/db9rbb?variant=1953441513484

I run the diamondback 9mm AR. 

After a few mods, that everyone else makes on other guns as well, it is running like a champ.

I have made B class with the gun in 4 months.

I changed out the mil-spec trigger to a Hiperfire 24-3g;

I changed out the mil-spec buffer and spring to a Blitzkrieg buffer and a JP-308 spring;

I changed out the stock magpul grip to a magpul rubberized grip,

I swapped out the mil-spec safety for a tungsten 60 degree ambi safety.

I added a B.A.D. lever to the gun to make loading easier and if I do ever run a mag dry it will help as well there.

The last mod I did was changed out the charging handle to a Devil Dog side charging handle that attaches to the pic rail.

I put a Burris FF3 8 MOA dot on the the rail with a 1/2" riser and a crimson trace 206 green laser.

I had to get a replacement FPB pin that fell out on the first day of firing and that was like pulling teeth but the gun as a whole has worked great. I have about 1250 into the gun. some folks start at 1200 and add the mods I put in. 

If I were do to anything else it would be to change out the barrel to a SS fluted barrel. that would be only to lighten the 6.25 pound gun even more. BMILLER is working on a magwell for me as well

Diamondback's pistols are crap. Their riles have an overall real good rep. 

Edited by mstamper
20 hours ago, Dannybot said:

Anyone have one? Tried one?  

I held one at the LGS yesterday.  It felt solid, has LRBHO, and the handguard is long, slim and feels light.  The mag catch is very easy to use— not like most of the Glock pattern rifles I have played with.

I didn’t even touch the trigger, so no idea what it’s like, but imagine it’s basic mil spec.

https://diamondbackfirearms.com/collections/db9r-rifle-series/products/db9rbb?variant=1953441513484

see my above post.

I have 2 of them and have had zero problems. They are accurate too. I replaced the trigger with a Hiperfire and put a Spikes buffer in it. If you get one see if they are putting spacers behind the recoil spring yet. They said they would be soon. If not do it before you shoot it or you will break the bolt stop. Friend of mine broke his the first day. Also loctite the handguard screws as they will come loose.