Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Texas State Limited / Sept. 23-25

As I said before ( <_< ), it sure was nice to see everyone at the Texas State LIMITED match :)

For those who were not there, I was the CRO on Stage 12, the 25/50/75 yard (!) standards. While I joked a lot with the shooters about the total amount of "suckkage" on my stage, I must admit that I liked the way that Jim and Artie forced everyone to stand on their hind legs and SHOOT for one stage. And a 120-point stage at that...not just a small-points standards that folks could ignore. It made a nice change of pace from the usual run-n-gun hosefest.

Although I like run-n-gun hosefests better, myself :P

The gutsiest thing I saw was the gentleman shooting a Glock 27 out of a official "Glock" holster, using G22-sized 15-round magazines. He did well on the run-n-gun stages, and better than some folks using full-sized guns on the Standards. Most impressive!

Alex

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I wish my 75 yard target (and strangely enough my 25 yard target!) had looked better, it was a challenging stage, I enjoyed it.

Alex did a great job (as usual) keeping this potential bottleneck running smoothly, great job.

Ok, now to practice strong hand 25 yd shooting (and weak hand too, just in case). ;)

Well  I know what you are talking about..

I only had 2 hits out of five  @75

1 @ 50  and 10 @25... 

it was a great stage and would not have a problem

squeezing the trigger at the stage again...

Just like the picket fences, I would have rather been shooting my Dot Gun.

I would have been happy having zeroed my pistol's new sights. I'll be more prepared for the NTS... Not that it will help all that much. ;)

You were not the only one who did that sort of thing.

There were a lot of folks with zero hits at 50, but four or five at 75 :blink:

I learned that James Darst can go 5 for 6 (four A, one C) strong hand only at fifty yards. Then I learned (after I gave him the correct instructions) that he could go three for six at fifty yards as 'shoot three, reload, shoot three'. He learned that at the same time, and was equally amazed :P

Me? I learned that after you "gopher" the first shot into the dirt at 65 yards, the other five (now corrected for elevation) will hit paper at 75. Sigh. And after all the time I spent on the SAW range, shooting man-sized pop-up targets at 300 yards with a 1911...

Alex

Uhh, what just happened to this thread?  Some of the posts were deleted.

Nothing has been deleted so far ---- but until we reach a decision, certain posts are visible only to moderators. If we decide they can stay, you'll be able to see them again, if we decide that they need to be modified or deleted, the posters will be PM'd with reasons......

This process shouldn't take forever ---- but might take a day, depending on who logs on when.....

I went ahead and removed the posts (for good). One members post was taken rather harshly by quite a few other members (who posted rebuttals).

FWIW, the original poster communicated to me that he was making a prodding statement, aimed at one of his buddies. The statement, apparently wasn't meant to be a blanket statement. If there are any further issues with this, please communicate them off the forum (PM's and emails are good).

For future reference, it is likely best not to put out statement "aimed at" anybody...or group.