Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Xd40 Done Over By Rich Dettlehouser

atek3

So back in 2003 I bought a box-stock XD40 and shot it in production for a while but was less than satisfied with a few things about it, namely the sights, trigger, and finish. So I sent it off to rich dettlehouser last fall to have him work it over.

The trigger work was the most important. Now instead of 5.5 pounds of take up, creep and mush, plus a long reset... it has 3 lbs, short take up, short reset! Replaced the factory fixed sights with dawson precision adjustable fiber optic sights. Refinished gun with Hard Chrome (to replace the factory finish which wears off rapidly). When I got it back I replaced the captive guide spring with Don's Stainless Guide Rod and applied Sandpaper decal grip to the frame and trigger guard.

That and switching to minor PF 40, I actually started to shoot faster and accurately.

Plus it draws lots of looks and questions.

Thanks rich.

atek3

post-4792-1122877298_thumb.jpg

My 9mm Tactical from Rich also gets lots of looks and questions everywhere I go. he does fantastic work.

tactical_01.jpg

What category do you shoot that in? Magfunnel so its not production, 9mm so its not Limited, iron sights so it's not Open.

Nice looking gun though.

atek3

....and I liked A_med's XD so much when I saw it on xdtalk.com that I had to send mine to Rich for the same finish (and trigger work, and sights, and....). :ph34r:

th_CC_XD1.jpg

th_CC_XD2.jpg

th_CC_XD3.jpg

atek3, your Service looks sweet, Rich does excellent work.