Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMMG 9mm GUARD

Has anyone heard anything about these carbines or had any experience with one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up the pistol and love it. It’s a tack driver and very easy to handle - it’s my HD #1.
Si far the only issues were some Freedom 124 hollow point reloads that I think was too light of a crimp and every others would jam and the bullet would be set back. No other ammunition had issues, and I tried quite a few, including 2 weights of Hush, Federal HST, Rem Golden sabers, etc.

I’m running a Guard upper on a QC10 lower and feeding it with colt mags. Love it so far.

It’s softer than a full blowback, but not as soft as a fully tuned 5.56 gun. I’m still figuring out the tuning to get it to shoot as flat as possible on mine. Seach this forum; there are several in-depth posts from those of us running one.

I bought a complete upper. If I were to do it over again I would just buy the bolt and barrel and build the gun entirely.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I just took my 9mm Guard (lower and upper) to the range.  It's intended to be my diversion from steel challenge single stack.  Ran like a watch with stock Glock mags, but double feeds with Magpul (all 10 round mags).  124gr Blazer and some very soft handgun steel challenge loads all cycled just fine.  Not particularly a rifle guy, but very controllable.  I'll shoot a match next weekend.

• 1 month later...

Ok thanks for the reports and sorry for my late reply’s! I ended up with a TACCOM upper and QC10 lower, HiperFire 3G trigger finally got to run it yesterday and it ran like a sewing machine with both 124 and 147s.

Also on a side note, a buddy I shoot with also PCC had a couple ETS Glock 18 31 rnd mags with MBX Minis attached. The mags ran flawlessly in both our guns! I tried a Glock 17 MagPul Pmag and it would lock in but not allow the bolt to go forward and chamber a round. Just food for thought if you are looking for a great mag to run in your Glock Mag fed PCC and want to save some money look at the ETS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk