Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Sight Cut P Series Issue

joshuasm

Hello all,

Recently came into a P-09 with a CZC multi-optic milled slide. I’ve had good luck with the CZC aluminum dovetail adapter but this direct milled optic is giving me some trouble.

Any experience with the FastFire 3 mounted to this cut slide? It’s not mounting securely for me and the sight is rocking back and forth. I’m guessing the screws may be too long and interfering with the firing pin retaining roll pin?

The index pins are fine, and the optic mounts flush with no screws but it’s funny - when the screws are barely engaging the threads (i.e. the bottom of the screw head is not engaging the beveled area of the optic) the FastFire feels more secure than when the screws are tightened  up. When fully tightened the optic has significant forward to back rock... 

Any advice is appreciated!

Working through it now that I’m off work. 

Burris FastFire 3 Screw length Factory is .3575 inches. 

There is approximately .250 length in thread total. When “installed” there is approximately .135 length thread exposed from the bottom of optic to bottom of screw. 

When measuring the CZC cut slide there appears to be around .125 inch depth of threads. So the screws are too long it appears. 

CZC did not respond to me today but I have emailed Burris on the availability of lock washers that some shooters use to offset this depth differential. Hopefully this helps someone!

Well u did better than me,I didnt even get that far. I couldnt even get the battery installed in the Burris. Gave up after about half an hour, boxed it up and returned it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 10:17 PM, eerw said:

I would shorten the mounting screws

I received the lock washers from Burris but they don’t appear to be the best solution so I shortened the mounting screws as mentioned above - here’s to hoping 2.5mm worth of threads and blue loc-tite keeps it going!